Chapter 19: Training

~~~~Artemis's POV~~~~

Watching Werewolfs teach Demigods how to kill other Werewolfs was not how I originally planned to spend my day, but guess what? Thats what I did in between my archery classes. Its pretty interesting actually, plus seeing Percy shirtless in a amazing bonus. I immediantly slap myself for thinking such thought. YOU CAN NOT BE FALLING FOR PERCY. AT ALL.  I shout at myself. Shaking my head I head to my next class. When Percy gets a break this time and hopefully he comes to talk to me. Once again I slap myself for such thoughts. I see the next group of campers walk toward me, and I motion for the hunters to get ready. I look back and see Percy slip a shirt on and walk toward me. He smiles when he sees me. I smile back with a slight blush rising to my cheeks. I duck my head, but Zoe notices my blush. She walks toward me smirking.

"Does Milady have a crush on a certain werewolf?" She asks amused.

"No!" I say mostly to myself.

"Sure, just so you know I approve." She says sending me a wink before walking back to her bow. I glare at her turned back before looking back over at Percy who was now standing in front of me.

"Hello Lady Artemis." Percy greats me.

"Percy! You know not to call me that! Its just Artemis. Since you will be living with me for a while I don't want to have to deal with the constant titles." I tell him turning to my group.

"Sorry, Arty!" He says smiling at me. I growl at him not turning around. I begin to show the group how to properly hold a bow, but it seems as most of them already know how to. After shooting a couple rounds I realize this group doesn't need much training.

"Hey Arty? Since this camper obviously don't need to be taught how to shoot why don't you come, and train with me? I could use a good opponent." Percy asks me.

"Are you guys all good with that?" I ask the group not wanting to ignore someone in need of help, and they all nod. I turn to Percy and say,"Sure what are the terms?"

"I can't turn into a wolf, and you can't use a bow or silver. The first one to yield wins." He say and I nod in agreement. I follow him to an open field behind the archery targets.

"Ready?" He asks me. I nod, and he attacks immediantly using his sword as an advantage against me shorter blades. He takes offence as I take defence. I block blow after blow not attempting to land one of my own. Percy hestitates due to me not fighting back and I quickly land a hit, and knock the sword out of his hand. He quickly grabs his slightly longer than average knifes, and switched to defence as I begin to land blow after blow. He stands his ground not letting me back him up. He fakes a blow to the right, but as I go up to block he slides his knife up against my blade causing me to drop it in shock at the sudden move. He uses this to his advantage and puts his knife to my neck.

"Yield?" He asks smirking. I smirk, and spin away from the blade, and before he can react I hit his arm with the side of my blade knocking his blade out of his hand. I move and press my blade against his neck.

"Yield?" I ask smirking, and he nods.

"You need to teach me that trick." He says looking at me. We both look around and realize almost everyone has stopped what they were doing to watch us spare. They begin clapping. I feel my face go red from the attention, but notice Percy isn't paying attention but instead looking for someone. His eyes stop on Simon and Liz. They are both smiling and nodding their approval. Percys face soon breaks into a smile.

"Thank you Artemis. I think its about time Percy found someone better than him at fighting." Simon says walking toward us. The crowd begins to go back to what they were doing. I hear a "Hey!" from Percy before walking back to my station shaking my head at him.

A/N
Sorry its been such a long wait, but between archery, and trying to write the next couple of chapters I forgot how long it had been since I last updated!
Vote, and Comment!
~BN082501