"Dude looks like he hasn't slept in weeks." Larry mumbled, "He's all freaked out because of his father and worried to death about Sal. I guess I'd be a mess too if I was stuck in that apartment with Henry all day."

   "At least Sal isn't around to hear it this time," Todd mumbled. "He shouldn't have to hear all of that awful stuff Henry says when he's wasted."

   "My mom is worried about him," Larry grumbled. "I don't think she's ever heard the things he says about Sal when he's drunk."

   "It makes me think that Sal's dad actually blames him for what happened to Sal and his mother that day."

   "He probably does," Larry said. "Drunk words are sober thoughts, dude."

   "Poor Sal."

__

   "Sal, you have to wake up now." The echoing voice demanded, making him feel hazy.

   I don't know how, Sal thought, feeling hopeless, I try, but-"

   "Don't worry about that." The voice said. "The universe will take care of it. I just need you to know that this is goodbye. The people in your life need you."

  I know.

   "Soon, everything will be okay. Don't lose hope in yourself just yet."

__

Grocery shopping. It wasn't something that Travis particularly enjoyed.

His dad was usually busy being a pastor, so he didn't have time to pick up groceries. Travis usually went with a 'family friend' from the church. He was pretty sure they were just trying to suck up to Kenneth by running his errands for him.

Today, he was with Henry.

   He wasn't sure how the guy hadn't received a million DUI's since Sal went to the hospital. Travis hadn't seen him sober in 14 days.

   "What's that?" Henry's gaze sharpened, irritated res eyes focused on the item that Travis had put in the cart.

"Applesauce," Travis mumbled. "For when Sal's back." He knew Sal loved them.

Henry narrowed his eyes, turning away, "Put those back, kid. Sal's dying. He's not going to-"

"I'm paying them with my own change that I've saved up," Travis interjected firmly. "They're only three dollars."

"You shouldn't waste your money," Henry mumbled. "Especially on someone who is always so eager to get into trouble."

"This isn't his fault, " Travis reminded him, feeling his face becoming hot with anger, "and even if it was, he's your son. How can you say those things about him?"

"Stay out of it, Travis." Henry glared at him, "As if you have any knowledge of how a parent should act. I've heard a great deal about your father."

"My father's actions are not my fault!" Travis gritted his teeth, feeling tears rise into his eyes, "And... They really messed me up."