chapter two: Ben the boy.

Start from the beginning

"Alright, lets go!"
I say, he nods and we run out the window.

We quickly run down the pathway, passing house after house as the sound of footsteps nears closer behind us.

"What's coming?! More of those things??"
I yell.

"The monster's are coming to get us!!"
The boy shouts.

We run into a cabin and shut the door behind us, he runs to a dresser and starts to try and push it.

"Here, i can try...!"
I say, going beside him, we manage to push it in front of the door for a makeshift lock.

"We made it...im glad, i was sure that the monsters would've gotten me."
The boy mumbles.

"....what are the monsters?"
I ask.

"I...don't know. They showed up one day, and they kept biting people and dragging them away, it was really scary...then a lot of people never came back. My friends are all gone too."
The boy says.

"you poor thing...."
I mumble...a child shouldn't be alone, especially not if these things are around him.

"I can run really fast though...My names Ben, my daddy's name was Benjamin, im a little him! What's your name?"
He asks.

"My name is (Y/n), i was sent by special forces to find out what's going on with population here...i guess i know now, i can tell my superiors and get people down here to deal with this."
I explain.

"So you'll save us from the monsters??"
Ben asks.

"I'm gonna try my hardest, Ben."
I say, he smiles and hugs me.

"Thank you!!"
He exclaims.

"So...how do we get out? I need to find a way out of the village and make it back to the headquarters, so i can have people sent out here and take these creatures out of the village."
I mumble.

"We can escape from the forest...! there has to be a place more people if we run for long enough, like another village, with yummy warm food!"
Ben says.

"Alright, when do we go?"
I ask.

"We should find food to take with us, we could be running for a long time, I've never seen another village...but we'll find one."
Ben says, i nod.

"Sounds good...i'll look farther in the house. Don't go outside without me."
I say, walking off.

This place is decently sized, three rooms in the hall, plus a livingroom attached to a kitchen..i wonder what happened to the residents...by what i saw in that house, i probably don't wanna know.

Ben walks to the kitchen, so i decide to head to the rooms in the halls...maybe if im lucky, there could be some medicine for my arm.

"Room number one."
I mumble, opening the door and walking inside.

Its a small nursery, the walls are painted blue and a beautiful wooden crib is placed in the middle of the room...that poor baby, who knows what happened to them..I walk out quickly and go to the second door.

"Door number two...please dont be as depressing."
I say, opening the door and walking in again.

Inside is a master bedroom, decorated amazingly with a large chest beside the bed, i walk towards it and open it, inside are a few empty baby bottles, a small leather bag, and a small blanket, they must've kept things for their child in here with them...i really hope that baby is still alive.

"...this will come in handy."
I say, grabbing the messenger bag and putting it over my shoulder.

I walk over to their wardrobe and open it, dresses, suits...onsies...this gets more depressing every time i try to find something.