- 📹 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅 ҉

Start from the beginning

Well of course he saw his brother at the party, but the only thing he did was threaten him and told him if he didn't do what he wanted him to do he would kill his boyfriend.

Well that isn't actually the truth. Atsumu has seen Osamu sometimes, like in school or when he was outside with his friends. Yes he saw him at those occasions. But the last time Atsumu has seen Osamu, for a real purpose, just to see him. His twin brother. He can't even remember when that was.

Seeing Osamu sitting in this kitchen brought back so many memories and so many emotions. Atsumu began to remember every little thing that has happened in the past, everything that happened with his family, with his father, with Osamu.

How his family treated him his whole life for apparently being a mistake. How everyone else treated him like he was worth nothing.

Atsumu never had the perfect childhood like everyone in those movies. He never had a father that taught him how to play a sports game or a mother who loved him and read him stories at night or the grandparents you could go to when your mother was being a bitch.

No, Atsumu never had that. His father didn't teach him a game, his father abused and ignored him since he was born. His mother was even worse than his dad. She told him how much of a mistake he was every single day. She locked him into the closet or small spaces, ignoring his claustrophobia. She liked to see him suffer, just how he made her suffer after his birth.

Atsumu was indeed a surprise child. When his mother got pregnant the ultrasound only showed one child and not the other twin that was apparently hiding behind his brother's body. Both adults were excited to have a child. They knew that they were going to love this child forever no matter what happened.

They bought everything that you needed for one child and they almost spent all their money on it. Yes the two adults were rather poor when they became parents but that didn't matter to them. The only thing that they wanted was to have their child in their arms. To love that child forever and each today of their life.

But all of that changed on the 5th October, when the twins were born. Everything was going well and when they had their son, which they proceeded to call Osamu they felt happier than ever, until the doctors realized that there was indeed a second child.

The two adults were shocked that they were going to have another child and when the second boy was born they didn't feel the same joy as they felt with their first child.

They felt disgusted and hatred towards that child. But regardless of their hatred, they kept the boy and named him Atsumu. Now that they had a second child they had to buy everything a second time. And with that they lost all the money they had left in their pockets.

And they blamed it all on the little boy. They blamed their poor lifestyle on him, they blamed their bad job on him, and they blamed the broken glasses and dishes on him. The two adults began to blame everything bad that has happened in their life, every mistake on Atsumu.

Because that's what he was, a mistake, a burden to everyone.

With the parents behaving like this it slowly affected the way everyone treated him. Atsumu and Osamus grandparents began to treat him just like their children. They treated him like he was worth nothing, not even analogizing his existents.

Atsumu also never had friends that would protect him against his parents. The people at school only ever told him that Osamu was the better twin and that Atsumu wasn't even supposed to be here. That Osamu didn't even need a twin to bother him the whole time.

The only one that never treated him like this, was his twin brother. The only person that didn't see Atsumu as a mistake or a burden was Osamu.

He loved his twin brother more than everything. He wanted to protect him from everything bad that is happening in his life. Osamu felt the need to make his brother happy, to make him feel safe. But in the end Osamu was never able to reach that goal.

Atsumu always thought that his brother was going to treat him just like everyone else. So he began to distance himself from him. He began to avoid Osamu at all costs. He tried to talk to him as little as possible.

It made Osamu sad, knowing that his own twin brother thought that he was going to treat him just like everyone else. But Osamu accepted it, he made sure to not confront Atsumu, in the end he just wanted him to finally find happiness somewhere.

And when the two of them entered Inarizaki high, Atsumu found his happiness in his five friends. Osamu was happy for his brother and even tried to make friends with them, but all of them had a rather toxic behavior so Osamu saw no other way than to leave his brother alone.

Yes, the last time the twins had a normal conversation was in the beginning of first year, even though none of them can remember that conversation. But yes that was the last time that Atsumu talked to the person that has been there for him since the beginning.

And seeing that person again, made him remember so many things. It brought back bad memories that he wished he could erase from his memories forever. He remembered how his father used to burn out his cigarettes on Atsumus skin or how he used to burn the boys skin for fun. It was fun seeing the boy in pain. He wanted his own son to feel the same pain he felt when he was born.

He remembered how his mother threw empty alcohol bottles at him when she was drunk. She was screaming at him, telling him how much she actually hates him, how much she wants him gone, out of their lives. How much she wants her own son to die right on the spot.

Things like this happened almost every day and Atsumu had so many memories just like these in his head. The boy never learned how to deal with this kind of trauma. That was until he met Oikawa Toru. Oikawa and Atsumu have known each other for a little longer than the other four.

They met at one of the playgrounds at 3am. Atsumu was out to finally have some peace from his screaming parents and Oikawa, well he had it even worse than Atsumu but that is a story for another time.

The two of them instantly clicked and they both helped each other dealing with their traumas. Atsumu was so utterly thankful to Oikawa. His brown haired best friend has helped him dealing with his trauma and with all the anger he has built up over the years.

Oikawa has suggested to Atsumu to start boxing to release his stress and anger and Atsumu has been obsessed with it ever since. Boxing finally makes the boy feel safe, it makes him feel like he can finally protect not only himself but also his friends and his brother.

And ever since Atsumu and Oikawa went to Inarizaki high and met the other four guys, Atsumu finally felt like he had a home. He finally felt like he really belonged somewhere. He has never felt this way before. He felt loved by the people around him. He finally felt like he was worth living.

But there was still something missing. Atsumu never knew what it was. His heart was still aching for something, but didn't he finally have everything to be happy?

No, there was one thing or rather one person that was missing. And that was Osamu. Atsumu needed his twin brother, he needed his better half back.

But would Osamu even talk to him? Or would his brother be like everyone else? Would Osamu tell his brother that he was a mistake, that he didn't deserve happiness? Would his brother physically abuse him just like his parents always did?