book two, chapter six: alone

Start from the beginning

It was so tiring and I just didn't want to be overwhelmed again.

He's my best friend I just... I don't know.

I stepped into mine and Sals room, drying my hair with a towel when I saw Larry looking through Sals drawers.

God damnit.

"O-oh sorry, Sal just asked me to get his hoodie" he stammered "I'll be quick."

He seemed nervous. Almost like he knew I was upset with him.

But I was pretty confused, because I told Sal the hoodie was in the washer. He knows that it's getting cleaned.

That's when I heard some noise coming from outside the door I just shut.

My eyes widened as I heard Ash and Sal on the other side, pushing up a large object against the door.

Oh my god.

I turned the knob and cursed under my breath as I tried pushing the door open, but nothing worked.

Why did this door have to open like that?!

"Sal!" I yelled, trying to push on the door harder.

"Nope, we are not letting you two out until you guys make up!" Ash yelled back. They seemed to be sitting on the couch too, adding even more weight to the already heavy couch.

Did they seriously plan this while I was in the shower?

"Seriously?" Larry groaned, standing up and shutting the drawer.

I turned to him and glared in his direction. He seemed to avoid my eye contact and huffed, putting his hands in his pockets. "(Y/N) I-"

"Stop. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to be talked down to again. I'm not going to listen to your bullshit excuses either." I spat while crossing my arms. "You treated me so horribly last night. You made me feel stupid, and irresponsible. There's NO excuse for making me feel like you did"

He stayed silent.

I walked over and flopped onto the bed, curling up under the covers. "I'm going to lay here until they let us out"

"We won't let you out until you become friends again!" Ash said loudly.

I heard Larry sigh as I did my best to fall asleep.

My nap wasn't really a nap though. More of just keeping my eyes shut so I could avoid contact with Larry.

But when I finally got bored of staring at the inside of my eyelids, I turned my body and looked towards him.

He was straightening up the room. That's so weird.

"What the hell are you doing?" I mumbled, making him look up to me.

"Cleaning"

"Why?"

"Why not?"

I guess he had a fair point.

I watched his movements, picking things up and putting them down and looking around the room for more to organize.

I felt bad for not talking to him. Especially since he couldn't even really lay down since I was laying on the bed.

I rolled my eyes and sat up. "Listen," I started "I'm so upset with you. But I love you. I don't hate you."

His eyes met mine, a little smile forming on his lips. "I love you too bud.... but?" He asked, knowing I had to continue my spiel.

"I just... I don't think I can deal with this all right now I'm really upset. It was unfair how you treated me and... I'm hurt"

He nodded and shrugged "I know you are.. and I didn't mean for you to come out of it feeing that way." Larry reached up and combed through his hair.

I feel like I'm overreacting now.

But I don't know...

He had his time to be angry. He was mad, he was yelling all about it last night. I need to be mad about it too. I need to be able to feel my emotions without putting them away and bottling them up.

"You know I can do whatever I want right?" I asked. "That I'm old enough to make my own decisions"

He nodded sadly "I think I just got really overprotective. And you didn't deserve the backlash of that"

I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms. "Goddamnit Larry!!"

"What?"

"You make it so fucking hard to be mad at you!" I groaned and shook my head "I want to be mad!!!! I want to feel like i want to throw things and I want to be able to say that you fucked me over!!" I was so beyond frustrated "b-but I can't. I can't be mad at you"

Oh my god why am I crying again?

I cry way too fucking much.

He kept his distance, knowing if he got close that I'd probably murder him so hard.

I took a moment and breathed in heavily "can you just leave me alone... p-please. For a little. I don't want to cry like a little bitch again"

I half laughed as I shook my head and curled myself under the covers.

Thankfully Larry was kind. And understood. So he continued to do his thing and clean the room. He did look sad as I turned away, but I didn't want to cry even more.

God I'm such a baby. I just. Love my friends too much. It's ridiculous.