26. Pumpkin Juice, Butterbeer, and a Shot of Firewhisky

Start from the beginning

"Earth to Elle!" Fleur said suddenly, breaking Eloise out of her daydream.

"Hmm?"

"Bill says he needs a 'woman's touch' on the decorations," Fleur remarked as she rolled her eyes while gently bouncing the baby in her arms, "Would  you hold Victoire for a while so I can go help him?"

"Of course." Eloise replied as she took the sleeping baby from her mother's arms.

Victoire was quite a calm baby, Eloise assumed she must have inherited that trait from Bill. Although she had no idea how Fleur was as an infant, knowing her since she was twelve years old, Eloise thought it was safe to assume Fleur would have most likely been quite fussy.

The sun had just started to set as orange and yellow light began to fill the living room of Shell Cottage, and that meant guests would start arriving soon. Suddenly the idea of George showing up felt more and more like a real possibility, which only made Eloise more anxious. Maybe letting Fleur invite him was a bad idea after all. But her fears quickly vanished as a bright green light filled the room and Eloise turned to see her parents emerging from the fireplace.

"Joyeux anniversaire, ma chérie." Colette said as soon as she laid eyes on her daughter.

A wide grin formed on Eloise's face as she greeted her parents, her father planted a quick kiss on Eloise's forehead before both of the Laurents brought their attention to little Victoire, cooing at her and commenting on how much she resembled Fleur. If anyone was going to steal the show on her birthday, Eloise was more than happy for it to be Victoire.

"It's hard to believe you are 21, but you are still my little dove." Patrick said lovingly as he tore his eyes away from the baby and brought them back up to Eloise.

"Papa..." Eloise groaned in embarrassment at the old nickname.

"It's true, no matter how old you get." he smiled as he gently stroked her blonde curls.

A distant sound of a crack outside caused Eloise to instinctively glance out the window of the living room. She saw Charlie and Verity walking hand in hand down the sandy hillside towards the bonfire Bill had set up on the beach. Despite knowing that Charlie loved to be early for every family gathering, Eloise knew their arrival meant that the rest of the Weasleys would probably be showing up soon as well.

"We should head outside, I want to start introducing you before everyone arrives. The Weasleys are a big family, so I feel like we need to get a head start." she teased, but there was some truth to her statement.

She quickly grabbed another blanket in case the ocean breeze got too cold for Victoire after sunset before leading her parents out the front door and down the path to the beach. Charlie noticed Eloise immediately and made a beeline straight for her with determination in his eyes. She had no idea what he was on a mission for until he got closer and could see he was looking at Victoire.

"Can I?" were the first words out of his mouth as he held his arms out slightly.

Eloise gently handed the baby to her uncle before smirking up at him, "Not going to wish me a happy birthday?"

"Of course! Happy birthday. But I'd be lying if I said seeing Victoire wasn't a happy bonus to coming to your party." he smiled that signature cheeky Charlie smile at her before Verity appeared next to him.

Eloise took this opportunity to introduce the couple to her parents, "Mum, dad, this is my friend Verity and her boyfriend Charlie. Charlie is Bill's younger brother."

"Oh, I see how it is. I'm just her boyfriend and his brother now?" Charlie teased with a chuckle before looking towards her parents, "She really does love me, it's great to meet you both."