Chapter 13:Stolen kisses, pretty lies💋

Start bij het begin

"I don't know.."

"Come on Tine just admit that there are no ghosts here."

"You're cute." I laughed even more louder. "Now go freshen up and make me the omelette you cooked the last time."

"Tine, are you literally ordering me to cook you breakfast in your own house?"

I rolled my eyes. "Ummm— may be?"

Sarawat smiled and got up. "Okay, but only because you called me cute."

"I did not—"

"Give me some of your clothes? I want to take a shower too."

"Oh. I think I still have your clothes from the last time I was at your house."

"No, I don't want them. Give me your clothes."

"Why?"

"Because I want your clothes"

I shook my head, knowing full well there was no point arguing with him. "Fine."

/

/

/

/

Sarawat came out of the shower smelling just like my shampoo, wearing my clothes, and started cooking breakfast in my kitchen. And I — I just sat on the dining table, staring at him, while trying my very best to not look like I was staring at him. For a moment, I almost wished every weekend of my life could be like this. I almost wished I could spend every weekend of my life with him. I knew I would at least be happier even though I knew full well that it was an impossible dream.

When Sarawat put the omelettes on the table, I was finally brought out of my thoughts. We sat right across the table huddled on my rather small dining table, and our knees banged together just as Sarawat sat down.

"Ouch!" Sarawat laughed.. "Gosh this table is really too small for the two of us, isn't it? Tine, your apartment is literally so big. So why is your dining table so small?"

"Well, because I only bought it for myself — I didn't think I would be eating food here with someone else."

"You have never had a meal here on this table with anyone else?"

"Uh.  Well, no. Not on this table, I guess. I have had meals in the apartment with mom and Type, when they came down to Bangkok last year, but we ate out there in the living room."

"In that case, I am happy to be your first." Sarawat clinked his fork with mine. "Let's eat."

I dig into my plate, and god, the omelette was just as good as it was the last time. "Wat, this is really good."

"Is it? Thank you.

And by the way Tine, I was actually thinking about what you said last night, and I think you were right."

"I am right about a lot of things, what exactly are you referring to?"

"The thing you said, about not letting others take credit for my work. I shouldn't just leave this halfway, especially if I want to grow in the company and I don't want anyone to think I am here just because dad's name is on the door.

And my work isn't done until all of those new flavours are approved and gone into manufacturing. So, I actually just texted dad a while ago, telling him I want to still continue with the work at the R&D Lab."

"Oh. That—that sounds really good actually. But does that mean you won't come to the office for a while now?"

Sarawat looked up. "Yeah. I think for another week or may be two? Will you miss me--"