Hitting a karaoke bar after our little dinner, was not surprisingly my idea. "Come on," I laugh trying to convince Lan Zhan to go inside. "You're the CEO of Jade fucking Industries! What in the world about karaoke got you all shy?"

"I'm not going to sing," Lan Zhan confirms.

"Fine," I groan, dragging him in with me. "Just listen to me sing then." He gladly agrees to do that, but three songs, one beer, and the right push of buttons got him singing along to Love Me Tender of everything.

He skips the high notes pushing the mic away. But it's Lan Zhan who is singing, it's his deep voice and that alone did the magic. It just hits somewhere inside to the point of being drunk on his sound alone; I think I might cry.

Underneath the dim light that went from pink to blue to green to pink again, parting his angelic lips to let his voice flow out, he sings,

Love me tender, love me true
All my dreams fulfill
For my darling, I love you
And I always will...

What record could ever beat that?

On the way back home, we spend a little time by the deserted bridge in the city, gazing up at the stars

On the way back home, we spend a little time by the deserted bridge in the city, gazing up at the stars. Well, at least Lan Zhan did. The stars and the city lights and their distorted mirror image on the water were all reflected in Lan Zhan's eyes. Those lights have never looked any prettier than seeing them in those bottomless orbs.

Once inside our house, I kick off my shoes till he locks the door. And when he's done, he has his fingertips locked on my waist, I crowd up between his arms, my socked feet nudging between his shoes. Lan Zhan's warm breath tickles my lips when our noses brush together, and a grin cracks on my lips.

He connects our lips and I'm smiling into it. His kisses are soft and deep, measured and affectionate; he's a prince charming with his perfectly gentle moves. Ridiculously, I feel some wind in my hair.

I grab his hand and walk us over to the sofa, kiss him as I pull him down, let his lips wander mine. With one last soft kiss, he breaks away but still stays on top of me, gazing at me with his piercing charcoal eyes. I smile at him reaching out to touch his face and he visibly melts—all those subtle expressions appear to be crystal clear up this close.

"Did you have fun?" I ask, softly and privately, although we were all alone in the house.

Lan Zhan hums mimicking my tone for some reason.

"Hey. . . " I murmur, "Tell me what's going on?" Lan Zhan sits up. "Get it off your chest."

He pauses, considering. "There were some problems in a meeting," he finally says.

I huddle close to him. "What was the meeting about?"

"A project I wanted to do for a long time." Lan Zhan replies. "About international branches. We're successful this far." The corners of his lips tweak up, I automatically reciprocate it. "This is what I've wanted to achieve ultimately since I started the company."