06

Forgive the mistakes, forget the time we missed,
Stay in my arms forever, and leave out all the rest.

-----------------------------------

Wei Ying

I was gazing up at the starry sky from my bedroom window, taking in the fact that everything that happened today wasn't just a dream. I was trying hard to not pinch myself because I haven't felt this light-hearted for years that it all seemed impossible.

A pair of warm hands wrap around my waist and I feel those lips brushing against my nape, confirming that this is real. I smile to myself as I keep mine over Lan Zhan's hands and lean the side of my head to his jaw, sighing at how good this intimacy felt.

I turn around and put my arms around him and keep my face against his neck, breathing his scent in. He kisses my hair, and I close my eyes, whispering, "I missed you," in his ever so comforting warmth.

"I missed you too." He says. The thinness in his voice reminds me that just as love, the pain was mutual.

"How have you been?"

"Alive," he says and I chuckle recalling the old memory. "I studied in London." He adds. "Then worked with my uncle till I started Jade Industries."

"Was the engagement a part of it too?" I ask.

"Mn." Lan Zhan replies. "Uncle has been trying to change my . . . feelings," he says, and my heart clenches. "He didn't understand that being with a woman is impossible for me." he weakly chuckles. I was so stupid for thinking bad about him.

"I'm sorry, Lan Zhan—"

"Wei Ying..."

"—I should have known better. I was being a fu—"

He presses his finger to my lips. "Don't speak of yourself in that way."

I'm left speechless for a while, staring up into his eyes. "How are you not mad at me?" I ask. "I left you when I should've been with you to help you recover."

"You did the right thing by leaving." He says. I realize I've been dying to hear those words. "You didn't have a choice. And if you hadn't done it, we would've been stuck in that past, wouldn't we?" he says.

"This part of you is still the same," I reply. "Optimistic."

"What changed?" he playfully asks.

"Hm . . . you're more straightforward. And confident." I smirk. "And definitely way more tempting."

He chuckles at it and starts kissing my neck with no warning. I close my eyes and slide my fingers through his silky strands.

"Why did you fall for me, Lan Zhan?" I ask, breathless as his fingers caress my thigh lifting the only shirt I was wearing. "You shouldn't be dealing with a mess like me."

"I want to deal with it," he replies while kissing my ear. "I'm good at keeping my things neat. I can try cleaning you too."

I laugh but it turns to a gasp when he bites my neck. He pushes both of us behind and I fall to the bed, bringing him down with me.

Well, here we go again . . .