Chapter 4 Heritage

Comincia dall'inizio

"Activate the thermal panels," he ordered.

Barney went back to the cockpit and activated the thermal panels. This was done to keep the metal parts of the craft from being frozen. He delved his right hand into his right pocket and took out the flash drive. Suddenly, it activated its tracker beacon, allowing him to follow the directions. He descended the staircase and started his quest. His journey was excruciating, to say the least; navigating through the harsh wind was not an easy feat. Nonetheless, he persevered until he finally arrived at his destination. 

He stood toe to toe with a mountain that towered over 400 meters. Even though he could've climbed higher, the flash drive indicated something inside the massive structure's frontier wall. 

"Weird, there's nothing in front of me."

He touched the wall of the mountain as an opening emerged. 

"Wow," he said in awe.

In front of him was a cave-like structure that served as a passage to the entry of the unknown. He pressed a button on the device to switch it off, but much to his dismay, it refused, and he smacked it. After that, he pressed the button, and it finally switched off.

"Piece of junk," he muttered.

He took out a black, light searcher LED and moved it around to light his path. From afar, there stood a giant, grey spaceship.

 "Holly smokes?" He muttered with disbelief.

He approached the door of the craft and gently touched it. The door gently slid open by the touch of his hand, allowing him to potter inside until he arrived at the ship's cabin. He moved the search lighter all around until it helped him locate a nearby plinth shrouded in darkness. He approached it and inserted the flash drive through the object's port. This enabled the ship's lights to turn on as four cannons emerged from the ship's walls.

At first, he was frightened by the presence of this terrifying sight. Imagine seeing a large number of cannons aiming at you. It's no wonder negative thoughts plagued his mind.

"Scanning," indicated a female voice. A red beam emerged from the ceiling, scanning him from head to toe. He was very uncomfortable when he was examined.

"Subject's physiology, Codexian. Welcome," it said.

"What's a Codexian?" Sam asked with his right brow arched.

"Codexians are a significant species primarily found on the planet Codex. It is located at the far end of the Milky Way Galaxy. What classifies Codexians from other species is the sophistication of their technology. Caldor-Ex is one of the few Codexians who epitomized the legacy of the Codexians throughout the multiverse through his scientific work."

Suddenly from behind, a black and white cobot descended from the ceiling and drew closer to him. It punctured him with an injection through his right shoulder and collected an adequate blood sample.

"Hey, hey, what the hell?! What gives?" Sam exclaimed, very annoyed that a needle had punctured his skin.

He jumped with fright while the cobot returned to its port.

"I collected your blood sample to confirm the DNA of your kin."

"Ok then. Please warn me next time before you do something crazy like that!" He exclaimed.

"Understood."

"Speaking of which, who is Caldor-Ex?" 

"He is regarded as one of Codex's top three smartest scientists. These three are known as the Intellectuals. He has broken many records, such as creating a device that allows for interdimensional travel."