Chapter 4 - He looked like the Prime example of Badass

Dedication to Kirsty1000, basically I love anything you write. I'd read your grocery lists. Your an inspiration to me and many others, thanks for creating that feeling you get when you read a good book xoxo

It's actually been that long that I'm feeling pretty guilty. But! I redid the chapters, so if you get excited (unlikely) about me posting this one, I'd recommend you reading back over it first.Please comment! 5 comments and the next chapter will be up in 3 days! If not, it will be whenever I can finish :) Much love xoxo

Chapter 4 - "He looked like the Prime example of Badass

It seemed too much of a coincidence that the assignment was the one thing I didn’t want to talk about, so I concluded it must have been a subject of gossip for the teachers, while walking to the cafe. Maybe the teachers said I wasn’t coping because I wasn’t back into socialising, or making friends, I guessed.

Half an hour later, I’d made it to the Cafe. It was a nice cafe, but it was more of a diner really. It was decorated vintage style, red leather bar stools, and booths something which I loved. I spotted Dawson after looking around the joint trying to spot him, it wasn’t very hard. He looked like the prime example of badass. He sat there, arms folded, combat boots resting on the chair next to him, and a frown that could make anybody think twice to approach.

At my arrival, his head whipped around, and his jaw unclenched. “Charlie,” he nodded. I sat down hesitantly. I sat quietly, waiting for something to happen. As did he. God, this was going swell.

Huffing, “Answer sheet?” I questioned. Waving the waitress over I ordered two milkshakes and a piece of chocolate cake each. He raised his eyebrow at this but I waved him off. He produced the sheet out of his pocket, pushing it from his end of the table to mine.

It started off pretty basic, Name, age, date of birth. Then got into your likes and dislikes, just the basic questions you'd ask someone to get to know them. It started getting personal with questions like, What's your greatest fear. I skipped those questions until I saw army. It started to get real with questions like, ‘What are your beliefs and morals on the American Army’,‘How do you respond to people coming back from the war’, ‘How to people that served fit into the community?’ and 'Do you know anybody that has served for the Army?'

A bit stunned, I didn’t say anything for a while. It was until the waitress came with our order that I snapped out of it. “Thanks,” I muttered as she set down the cake in front of me. She eyed up Dawson when she gave him his cake, giving him an extra special smile. Rolling my eyes, I sipped my milkshake, still eyeing the sheet in front of me. How was I supposed to answer this?

Hesitantly I began, “Is there anyway, we can write out separate sheets and hand them in that way?”

Seemingly insulted, “Why, is there something you have against the American Army?” he accusingly said.

I immediately got my back up, “No, I just want to do it that way, ok?” Who was he to judge me on this?

“Just because you used to be some popular bitch doesn’t mean you can just decide shit, ok?”Dawson said, crossing his arms, leaving the food untouched.

Looking him dead in the eye, I said, “Excuse me?” Daring him to repeat it again

I didn’t understand him at all. One minute he was being so caring and considerate towards me, and the next he’s being an asshole, or even worse trying to hit on me with this fake persona. It was like a switch kept flicking inside of his brain.

He stayed silent.

“How about I just do all the work, and you just take half the credit. Put in your own sheets and we’re all set,” I offered.