Sudden change

The political view of the subcontinent was changing rapidly, on 21st April 1526 the sultan of Kabul and Ibrahim Lodi had a battle know known as the 1st battle of Panipat, in the course of the battle Rana kept silent and waited for his moment, he thought that Babur would kill Ibrahim, sack Delhi and would leave but that never happened. Babur killed Ibrahim and took the throne of Delhi. The situation was now changed, the Mughal empire had Delhi and Mewar was a huge Rajput empire that bordered the Mughals now.

Babur took Fatehpur Sikri, the general of the city ran to Rana Sanga, and told him that the Mughals were challenging him to war Rana called his army and announced a big battle was coming and took his huge army to Fatehpur Sikri and took his fort back. This was Babur's 1st defeat, but Babur wasn't a small ruler, history tells that he was a great strategist. Historians say that Rana shouldn't have waited when he could directly attack Dehli, by not doing that Babur got time and built a new army. 15th March 1527 on the fields of Khanwa the battle of Khanwa took place which would decide the history of India for the next 300 years. But this time Babur brought cannons. Historian says that 30,000 Silhadi betrayed Rana Sanga, that's why they lost. Babur's cannon destroyed 100s and 1000s of Rana's men like they were nothing, seeing that Rana got up and went in the middle of the battle. The Mughals started to surround the Rajputs. During the fight, Rana got shot and was taken away by his Generals. After the battle, Rana woke up and said congratulation to his generals, but his generals told him that they lost the battle and asked him to give the order to go back to Mewar, Rana got very angry at them and asked them that who brought him out of the battle and announced to get prepared for another battle.

He got a message that the Mughals will attack Chanderi next. He told his generals to get ready and move towards Chanderi. They stayed at Kalpi, Rana died there, Some people say that his generals gave him poison in Kalpi