Azael stood, slowly standing to his tall form. I was around 5'8 and he still towered over me.

Elliot ran off to do whatever Elliot did as I walked into my room with Az behind me and sighed as I dropped onto my bed.

"Ask what you need to." Azael bluntly stated as he observed my basic, plain room and pulled out my desk chair and sat in it, manspreading his legs as he watched me from the other side of the room pull out my laptop.

"Okay, well, its an essay on each other's early life. You have to do one too."

"You'll still get the grade if you just do the essay about me. If I don't do one about you, it wont matter."

I shrugged. I was willing to argue with him on it but the less people know about me the better."You seemed fond of El. Do you have a brother?" I asked as I looked up at him, voicing the thought I had earlier. He stiffened at the question before replying."No." I knew there was something he wasn't telling me but I wasn't going to be a prick and push him on it, it was none of my business and I didn't care anyway.

I leaned further back into my bed as I propped my laptop onto my crossed legs.

"Family?"

"My dad walked out 12 years ago when I was 6. My mom looks after me and my sister, Isabella who is 16."

Isabella...Holy shit Isabella. No wonder she looked so familiar. Last night I knew I recognised her eyes from somewhere. She seemed so different to Azael though, she seemed kind and welcoming whereas her brother was cold and the type of person you would walk away from instead of walk too, even if your life depended on it.

"Why did your dad walk out?"

He waited for a moment, no doubt contemplating answering it."Is that a question for the essay?"

"No,"

"Well then don't ask it again."

"What about you?" He says after a moment, clearly changing the subject as he got up and sat next to me.

"You said you weren't doing the essay?"

"Stop being so difficult, its not for the essay I just want to know." I could of pulled and Azael and said don't ask but instead I told him, it wasn't interesting anyway.

"Well obviously I have Elliot—my brother, and then my parents. I only really see my dad a few times a year though, he's always away at work."

"Are you close with your dad?"

I think about it for a second before answering,"He's my dad so I have to love him but I don't really have an opinion of him, it would be unfair too, he's basically just a stranger who shares the same blood as me."

"You don't have to love your dad. Love is earned not expected ."

I supposed he was right, but its not like he walked out on me like his dad did. My dad saw me sometimes, he funded us, although my mom worked too, he bought us gifts if he went to exotic places. It still hurt just the same though, I wished I could see him more.

I wanted to ask if he cared for his dad before he left, but I had a feeling I already knew the answer to that.

*****

The coldness of the day had long since been swept away to a blazing heat. Around half an hour ago I had opened my huge window to let the breeze cool down Azael and I.

It was 5:30pm and I was still asking him questions, it was hard when he wouldn't just give me a clear straight answer to the simple questions I was asking.

I started fanning myself as the heat got unbearable and my slick sweat built up under my hoodie. I wished he would hurry up and leave so I could remove it.

"Take it off."

"Excuse me?" I replied, as I dropped my hand and turned to face him, still sat next to me on my bed.

"Your hoodie, you're boiling, I can tell." I was boiling, but I couldn't take it off.

"I can't take it off." I said quietly, as I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

"And why is that?"

"And why do you want to know?"

He stared me down. His eyes flickered to my arms that were against my knees.

I quickly pulled them back and unlocked my phone, seeing a text message from Alyssa.

Lyssa
Today, 16:57

Heyyy bitch, how's it going
with Azael😉😉

Why did she put those emoji's? The boy is infuriating.

Lyssa
Today, 16:57

Heyyy bitch, how's it going
with Azael😉😉

It's fine, we're nearly done,
talk to you later?

Okay but you have to give
me the detailssss!!

There are no details.

Mhm..

Don't 'mhm' me. There aren't. Bye.

I closed my phone before I could read the next message she was typing and turned my head to Azael, he was already staring at me.

"Are we done then?"

"Yep, you can see yourself out."

He rolled his eyes as he got up, my bed creaking slightly in protest. His muscles flexed beneath his navy blue shirt as he did so. He pissed me off but...he was attractive, I couldn't deny it no matter how much I wanted to.

"You can take your hoodie off now." He said. As he closed my door and walked out. I didn't let myself think about what he implied he knew before I did exactly what he said.

*****

I thought I'd post tomorrow's chapter today because I'm just so kind. The next chapter the amigos are all going out together as well so stay tuned for that ;)

Also please comment I love reading them 😩😩