⚠️ Chapter 4 - Unwanted Welcome

Major trigger warning:
⚠ contains mentions of blood, gore, and sensitive topic. Read at your own risk ❗️

The next teacher was in the front, and your mind dazed off to the man Natsume warned you about. However, your thoughts were cut short when you saw a chicken alarm clock floating on top of Mikan. Alarmed, you created a portal underneath it, and another one outside the window, throwing it out right before it rang. Sumire, who was beside you, glared at you, rolling her eyes as she crossed her arms, “You want to be targeted too? Alright. It’s your wish.”

All of a sudden, Sumire covered your eyes and mouth while Jinno continued writing at the board. You couldn’t let out a noise, let alone see what’s happening due to her hand covering you. Then all of a sudden you heard a thud, and Sumire let go of your eyes.

Your eyes widened as it could, seeing a trash bin directly in Jinno’s head.

“It was Sakura, sir.” Sumire excused, pointing towards Mikan. “And—” before she could speak, you slapped your hand over her mouth. Since you were at the back, Jinno didn’t see what you’ve done. In fact, it was Mochiage, who lifted the garbage bin with telekinesis then putting it on top of Jinno’s head. Your eyes were pleading, afraid for your life.

“How dare you?!” You whisper-yelled towards Sumire as Jinno proceeded to down-rank Mikan’s star, making her a complete no-star rank. “Why would you do such a thing?” Your eyes were brimming with tears now, in pity for Mikan’s situation. She didn’t deserve this. Sumire’s eyes widened upon seeing your state, not knowing how to react.

Eventually the class ended, and Sumire couldn’t face you as you walked towards Mikan, comforting her for the harsh words Jinno said. Something in her clicked when she saw you on the verge of tears. Was it guilt? Her conscience?

Not a word was exchanged between you and Sumire afterwards, and surely after a few hours, it was now dismissal. While walking outside with the party, you ended up wondering what your star rank is, because at the end of the day, you don’t have a rank either.

“Now I wonder, what is my star rank?” You asked your friends. Hotaru turned back, “Star rank only evaluates your alice, behavior and other factors. Since you haven’t done anything stupid so far, your star rank is still undecided.”

“Although your star rank can go up or down, it mostly depends on how you behave.” Tobita added.

“Wait, so technically I’m a no star too? Because I do not have a ranking.” You asked, eyes widened in shock. Hotaru nodded, and you sulked alongside Mikan.

“I guess we’ll sleep together for now, Mikan.” You sulked, and she nodded in agreement. “Hey you!”

Before we could turn around, Sumire dragged you and Mikan by the collar of your uniforms, claiming that the two of you need to clean the classrooms.

You were assigned to clean the large clock alongside Mikan, as a current no-star. You smirked, holding the cloth as you stood before the clock tower. “Hah! This will be easy.” You created a portal underneath you and one right in front of the gigantic clock.

Using the portal as a platform, you stepped on the edge and proceeded to wipe the glass. It was the height that scared you deeply, but it amazed you due to how you can see everyone and everything. Mikan popped next to you, and the two of you proceeded to clean together, sharing talks and laughs here and there.