Help is Around the Corner 20

Start from the beginning

"Oh and she's not-" Meredith calls out, but the teenager has already left.

"Honest mistake," Addison shrugs.

"Yeah," says Meredith. "You'd make a pretty girlfriend," Meredith teases.

"Thanks, you too," says Addison, as she cuddles Meredith back into her arms.

Doc plays for a little while longer, before he runs back to Meredith and Addison.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"You wanna come up for a bit?" says Addison.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Here," says Meredith, picking him up. Meredith takes him in her arms, and Addison pets him too.

"Rr," Doc wags his tail happily as Meredith and Addison hold him.

"Yes Doc, you're a good dog. You deserve great things," says Meredith.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Do you want to go play with your friends more?" says Addison.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Alright, see you later," says Addison, setting Doc down so he can run off again.

"He plays for a little, and then comes back. It's like toddlers," says Addison.

"Yup, he's our little baby," says Meredith.

It slips out before she realizes it, and Meredith bites her tongue when she notices, but Addison only smiles, and squeezes her hand.

"He sure is," says Addison proudly.

Doc runs around and plays with more dogs before it starts to get dark, and Meredith and Addison decide to take him home.

"Come on Doc, time to go in!" says Addison.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"We'll come back another time, I'm glad you enjoyed it!" says Meredith.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Say goodbye Doc," says Meredith.

"Woof!" says Doc.

"Alright, let's go," Addison puts his leash on, and they walk back to Meredith's house.

"That was lovely," says Meredith.

"It was," Addison smiles.

Addison kinda wants to hold Meredith's hand again, but she doesn't, and they keep walking and talking until they reach the house.

"Alright Doc, let's get you some dinner, and then Meredith and I are going for dinner," says Addison.

"I'll get him some water," says Meredith.

"Hey there, how was your walk?" says Mark.

"It was good," says Meredith. "Are you settling in? Do you need anything?" says Meredith, trying really hard to appear flirtatious.

"I'm doing great," says Mark. "I feel like a bath, what do you think?" says Mark with a shit-eating grin.

"There's bubble bath in the top drawer," Addison says with a scowl.

"Thanks, Red," says Mark. "I don't suppose you'd like to show me, Meredith?" says Mark, leaning in on purpose.

Meredith has to fight the urge to lean away, and she's about to answer when Addison shoves him a little.

"We're going to dinner. Have fun Mark," says Addison.

"Take care of Doc while we're gone!" says Meredith.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"I will, come here, Doc," says Mark.

"Rrrrrrrrrrrr..." says Doc, not quite trusting Mark yet.

"See you," says Meredith.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Bye!" says Addison.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Bye!" says Mark.

"Rrrrrr!" says Doc.

"You'll be fine. Don't let Mark burn the house down, Doc," says Meredith.

"Rr..." says Doc.

"I know, tough job," says Addison.

"Hey!" says Mark.

"Rr!" says Doc.

Meredith and Addison head out the door again, and Mark and Doc enter into a staring contest, with both of them eyeing each other up for a solid minute before Mark blinks first.

"Come on, no fair Doc, I don't have a tail..." says Mark.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Fine, I'll feed you some treats. Just don't tell Meredith and Addison. It'll be our little secret. Okay?"

"Rr!" says Doc.

"I mean that!" says Mark.

"Rr!" says Doc.

Oh well, he'll have to stare Doc down some more later.

*

*

*

*

*

***** END OF CHAPTER 20