Help is Around the Corner 20

Start from the beginning

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Yes, we're going to meet some new friends," says Addison.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Yes, you can play all you want, you can run, there'll be big fields, new smells, a new place," says Meredith.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Yes, we'll be there too. No need to worry, we're not leaving you," says Addison.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Yes, we packed your food and water," says Meredith.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Yes, your leash is on so no one will kidnap you," says Addison.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"You have a microchip Doc, and no one's going to kidnap you, we'll be there the whole time," says Meredith.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"No, we're not forgetting anything!" says Addison.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Okay, I forgot my keys. Now can we go?" says Meredith.

"Rr..." says Doc.

"Finally!" says Addison.

They head to the dog park with Doc in tow, who is happily sniffing to his heart's content.

When they get there, Meredith takes off his leash, and Addison waves for him to get going.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Go play, we'll be here. For a little while," says Meredith.

"Rr!" says Doc, wagging his tail as he runs off to play with the other dogs. He finds a corgi about his size, and a golden retriever to play with. They run around the park, and play on the various terrain set up for them while Meredith and Addison chat with each other.

"I'm so glad he's doing well," says Meredith.

"Yeah, he's a happy dog," says Addison.

"So have you stopped avoiding me?" Meredith asks Addison nervously.

"Yeah, I think so," says Addison. "I'm sorry again Meredith, I just thought that giving you space would be good for you... I didn't realize how hurt you'd be," says Addison.

"Yeah, it kinda sucked," says Meredith.

"Yeah," says Addison, as she wraps her arms around Meredith, and Meredith pulls her close, and they stand like that on the edge of the dog park.

They just hang out there, happily enjoying the fresh air until someone approaches them.

"Umm, I think your girlfriend's dog just stole my dog's toy," says a teenager.

"Uhh-" says Meredith.

"Sorry about that, Doc!" says Addison.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Doc, give it back. That's not yours," says Addison.

"Rr..." Doc puts his ears down in apology.

"Come on, I know it's exciting, but you still can't steal things," says Meredith.

"Rr..." says Doc.

"I know you're sorry, now apologize please," says Addison.

"Woof!" says Doc.

"There you go," says Meredith. "We'll kee an eye on him," she adds.

"Thanks," says the teenager, walking away.