Chapter 13: Happily Ever After

*5 Years Later*

Milly and Carter had graduated college together and were offered a role in a romance movie as the main couple. They had been together all of this time and couldn't be happier. Tonight was the movie premier and Carter was with Milly as they were posing for the cameras. She was wearing a black and purple sleek chiffon gown with long sleeves and a train. Carter had a white tuxedo with black accents and one arm wrapped around Milly's waist. The cameras flashed as they walked off the red carpet to their seats for the premiere.

After the event was over, Carter decided to take Milly out to a small date on the beach just for the two, away from the cameras and paparazzi. There was a picnic blanket set up and some lights around it with pillows.

"It's nice to be just us two, alone," he said, lovingly.

"I know, it feels like forever since we've got some private time."

"Yeah."

They talked there for a while and they watched the sunrise. They were talking and then suddenly, Carter planted a kiss on Milly's lips and smiled.

"What was that for?" she asked.

"I don't know. I just felt like kissing you,"

Milly blushed a bit before kissing him on the top of his nose.

"Milly," he held her hands, "You have been with me for so long and I love you so much. You complete me in so many ways and I could have never hoped for anything better to happen to me. I love you, Milly. When you were out of my life, those were my darkest days, but I knew what happiness felt like when we met again. You are there for me in my brightest days and darkest nights. I will always love and cherish you no matter what," He got down on one knee, "Milly Haynes, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" He said this as he pulled out a small velvet box and opened it. There lay a golden ring with three diamonds placed on it.

Tears started to form in Millys eyes when she saw Carter pull out the ring.

"Yes, of course, I'll marry you, Carter Malion." She said this and hugged him. He slipped the ring on her left ring finger, next to the ring that he had given her 5 years ago.

"I love you so much, Milly."

"I love you, too. Always and forever," she said, her eyes glossy with tears.

He pulled her into a loving kiss, the whole world disappearing as they shared a passionate moment.

THE END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading Love On Stage! I hope you enjoyed it! Feel free to check out some of my other stories, have a wonderful day!