Chapter 15

After a month of living together, Narcissa and Lucius were as happy as they could possibly be if they were any happier they'd be living in a daydream. Helene needs to go shopping a new dress not that she needed anymore, Narcissa was he go to, for advice on clothing.

Rebekah should have been going with them. However, Theodore whisked her away for a romantic getaway in Rome. Narcissa and Helene decided to go to a nearby cafe before trying clothes on, shopping always made them hungry afterwards.

"So," Helene said, wiping the crumbs from a brownie off her mouth, "how's it been living with Malfoy?"

"It's been really great, to be honest, I thought to excitement would have worn off now, but it hasn't Abraxas gives us our space, he's even considering moving to the Malfoy Manor that they own in France,"

"What, so you and Lucius will inherit Malfoy Manor?"

"Yes, well Lucius will-

"Not if you marry him,"

"He hasn't asked and I'm not expecting him to," Helene eyed her "What?"

"He's been pinning after you since second year, if he doesn't ask you, I'll hex him myself," Helene said

"If he asks me, he asks me, I'm just saying I don't expect him to, I know he had no plan of finding a match-

"That doesn't matter, them stupid matchmaking balls are for mothers to marry their daughters off to rich pureblood men, I personally think it's outdated, along with a lot of the pureblood traditions we seem to keep," Helene stated, Narcissa knew this would be the beginning to one of her rants.

"And besides Lucius loves you, it's not about having pureblood heirs or holding up appearances, I'm just thankful my mother thinks it's outdated too, I'd rather spend my life in Azkaban than with a man who doesn't give a shit about me, that's why I like Burke,"

"What is going on with you two?" Narcissa asked, "I've always been unsure about it?"

"It's nothing, we can't be together anyway, it was fun while it lasted but he has other priorities,"

"Such as?"

"Well, like his sister, he wants nothing but to keep her from falling too deep with the Black family, no offence,"

"None was taken, I understand," Narcissa said,

"Don't mention it to anyone, but he's working with people who are fighting against the Dark Lord, it's to risky for us to be together,"

"He's working against him?"

"Yes, his brothers, well younger brothers now,"

"What?"

"His older brother Charles was killed fighting death eaters,"

"Poor Aimee, first Sirius ran away, now her brother, I must write to her, how she's doing?"

Helene hushed Narcissa up when she spotted Theodore twin brother, Jacob Burke, with his new wife and small baby. Narcissa pulled Helene up from the table, she just managed to take the last bite of her brownie, before walking with Narcissa towards the small family.

"Morning ladies, Laura, this is Helene and Narcissa, old friends of mine," he said,

"So nice to meet, Jake rarely talks about his friends," she said,

Laura smiled brightly at the two witches, they noted the clothing she wore, flared denim jeans, with a bright red jumper. She had big, wavy, red hair though it appeared she styled it that way, they smiled at the little baby boy, in the stroller, he was sound asleep.

"He's adorable," Narcissa commented, "What's his name?"

"Ethan, Ethan Burke, we made Aimee his godmother,"

"Oh, I bet she loved that," Helene said, Jacob smiled at them

"Well, I best get going, it's been great seeing you," he said, guiding Laura away,

"Is that really how muggles dress?" Helene said, once Jacob and Laura were far enough away,

"I guess so, how do you know she's muggle?" Narcissa asked

"I have my ways,"

Narcissa smiled she knew that Jacob's brother will have told her. Helene's smile had noticeably gone, putting on an obvious fake smile, Narcissa suggested going home. Helene agreed on the grounds that Narcissa informed her the very second Lucius popped the question.

Once Narcissa was home, she decided that she must write to Aimee she had always been a good person to Narcissa. Lucius was talking privately with Theodore Nott, Abraxas had been trying to Narcissa distracted, Lucius didn't want Narcissa involved with anything he was doing. Narcissa took her quill and parchment, to write to Aimee.

Dear Aimee E. Burke,

How are you? I know we haven't spoken much, but I heard about your brother and I'm so sorry. I couldn't imagine what it would feel like to lose someone you were close to. I hope you feeling alright. I also heard about Sirius and I hope with everything you're going through you're still able to see him.

You can send me a letter, if you ever need anything, I mean anything.

Love Narcissa Black.

She signed off the letter, handing the letter over to the Malfoy owl, she told the bird to send the letter to Aimee Burke. Narcissa saw Lucius and Theodore marching towards the front door, Narcissa hurried out after them, they were in a hurry for something.

"Hey, where are you going?" she asked

"I have to go somewhere,"

"Come on, we don't want to keep him waiting," Theodore said

"Him? No, you can't go-

"I have too," he lifted up his sleeve, his dark mark inflamed and sore, "he's calling us, the more I ignore it, the more painful it gets," Narcissa turned away from him.

"I'll be fine," he said, kissing her cheek "I promise,"