Chapter 12

Narcissa stirred in her sleep, the comforting feeling of an arm draped over her waist, as she tried to manoeuvre herself from the bed. The arm tightened around her waist, she chuckled twisting her body around to face him, smiled place a soft kiss on his lips.

"Morning," he groaned, stretching his arms.

"I don't want to leave my bed," Narcissa said, snuggling up to him, Lucius held her close to him.

"We don't have to, why don't we ditch this ball and just stay here,"

"I'd love to, but my aunt will lose her mind-

"Hasn't she already?" he laughed, Narcissa rolled her eyes at him.

"That's not funny, she won't be happy if I don't show up," Narcissa said, playing with a small strand of her hair.

"Then why don't we go for a little while then we'll leave early, then you and me will go somewhere," Lucius suggested, Narcissa thought about his offer.

"Where would we go?" she asked sitting up.

"Anywhere you want, I know there's usually a summer fair in London, around this time of year," Lucius told her, Narcissa smiled leaning down to kiss him, she headed to her bathroom to freshen up.

Lucius smiled as he watched her walk to the bathroom, he took this time to get dressed. He pointed his wand to his hair which straightened his hair so he didn't have to brush, not Narcissa would have minded, it was quicker to use magic.

"Will you be staying here?" she asked, "until the ball I mean,"

"Unless you'd like me to wear the same as last night no,"

"You better go then, I know how long it can take you to get dress," she teased,

"I'll have you know I already know what I'm wearing, do you?" she averted her eyes from him, "I thought so,"

Narcissa walked him downstairs to the front door, her mother lowered her newspaper. 'Lucius stayed here? Why wasn't I aware of this?' She thought. Lucius turned to her, she smiled at him, he snaked his hand around the back of her neck, leaning down to kiss her tenderly then pecking her cheek.

"I'll pick you up later, let's say 5:30?"

"I'll look forward to it," he winked at her,

Narcissa closed the door behind her, resting her body on the closed door. She didn't want to lose Lucius this time, their time spent together reminded her of the great times they had. She hoped that Lucius was a perfect match, at least to her he was, she just hoped she was his perfect match.

Narcissa dressed more to Lucius liking at first she wanted to impress a suitor, now she wanted to impress Lucius. She pointed her wand to her clutch bag, casting an extension charm over the bag. Narcissa packed a set of more comfortable clothing, just in case she and Lucius decided to leave the ball early.

***
As Lucius said, he came back to pick her up for the ball, Druella saw Narcissa's delay to finished her hair, as an excuse to question Lucius. Narcissa would have told her mother how things were going with Lucius, she never expected to see him walking out of her home, without any knowledge that he had spent the night.

Lucius spoke of Narcissa in a complimentary manner, Druella had always admired how he spoke of her. As though she was the greatest, most beautiful woman he had ever met, she could sense the love he had for her daughter, and prayed that Narcissa saw his love clearly.

Lucius stood speechless as Narcissa gracefully walked down the stairs, a blue tulle sweetheart pink satin line-in. Lucius smiled softly at her, she smiled down at the floor, Lucius took her hand reaching it up to kiss her knuckles.

"Beautiful as always," Narcissa chuckled, she hooked her arm with his.

"I won't be home late too late," she told her mother "I'll be sure to tell aunt Walburga, you couldn't make it,"

"Alright, have a good time," Druella said, as she watched Lucius walk Narcissa out, the pair shared a kiss before apparating outside of Grimmauld Place.

"Shall we just go," Narcissa said,

Lucius smiled nodding his head, he apparated Narcissa to carnival lit up with bright lights, she looked around all around her. Narcissa ran her wand down her body, changing her dress, into a short green plaid skirt, paired with a grey jumper.

"Not bad,"

"Thanks, come on, I want to go on the Ferris Wheel,"

Narcissa held Lucius hand dragging him through the crowd towards the brightly lit Ferris Wheel, the blue and pinks lights flash on the Ferris Wheel reflected on their light blonde hair. They sat in a cabin and waited to go up to the top where they could look over the carnival.

Once they reached the top, Narcissa gazed around looking down at all the people, parents with young children. A father carrying his young son on his shoulders. 'This would be a great place to bring a family' she thought. Lucius placed his arm around her, Narcissa leaned back nuzzling into his chest.

"It's wonderful here, what decide to come here?" Narcissa asked

"This is where my father met my mother," he said

"Really?" Narcissa knew Lucius lost his mother when he young, she had never heard him talk about her before.

"Yeah, she made a point of bringing me when I was little," Narcissa smiled he'd never spoken about his mother before, at least not that she knew of.

"I know, I told you I have no desire to marry," he began, "that's because I would only marry my equal, for me that's you, I'm not asking you to marry me, because I know I need to make up for a lot of things," he softly kissed her lips.

"I'd love to be with you again, and this time, do things right," he said, she kissed him, more deeply than he thought she would, he smiled as she kissed him, finally he had her back.

"I'd love that too," finally he had her back.