Ch. Forty

Jungkook's pov.

Was it a second? Less than that? I don't know. For me it happened in slow motion. I wanted the time to stop seeing him fall. He became another part of this darkness. He was gone. My legs moved on it's own. I ran to where he was standing just a second ago. But my family stopped me, not wanting me to fall. I pushed them away and without even thinking about it, I jumped.

Now I'm falling. I can't even see him. What's the point of this? I'll just die trying to save him? How could I save him at all? I don't know...but I couldn't stop myself. My feet where burning as they ran and now all I feel is a burning pain that runs through my veins. Hurting mostly in my chest. What the hell am I doing? I don't wanna think about it. If I do I'll feel worst.

Why is everything so dark? Why is everything so hot? I try to look farther away as I fall. I don't know how far I am from the ground. But my eyes shine when I finally see him. There's tears in his eyes. In the middle of the darkness he seems to be looking back at me. That boxy smile appears on his face and I wanna cry. How can he smile in a moment like this? His hand is far from me but I still stretch my arm trying to grab him.

That's when I see something on my arm. Black. Taking over it. I don't understand but something distracts me. Tae screams one last time. Probably thinking he'll die. And it might sound stupid in this situation but there's a part of me that refuses. I have to protect him. He's my prince, my Omega, my home.

I get to him somehow. Like suddenly I can go faster. But there, he's...smaller? He hugs my neck and when I wanna hug back I see it. Black wings. No...my black wings. Taehyung's voice sounds soft near my ear.

- I knew you could do it...

With no time to process what's happening I finally see the end of it. We're so far down, the light coming from above is hardly visible. With the absolutely inexistent experience I have in flying I try to land safely. I fail a little but I'm not hurt. My skin is now tougher than it ever was. And my Omega is safe which is all that matters.

Slowly I let him get down. He looks at me with that smile and those eyes shining because of the tears from earlier. I can't forget the feeling of thinking he was gonna die. I wish I could hug him and kiss him. But I'm not sure I can do it correctly in this form.

- Don't shift yet, Kookie! It might be hard for you being the first time you do it!

I can't believe he's talking to me with so much calm like he wasn't crying a minute ago! I wanna complain for getting himself in danger. But how can I when I feel his hand pet me and kiss my...uh...nose?

- I know we don't have much time, Kookie. But what I said was true. I really do love you, my giant and scary dragon

The feeling is so nice I close my eyes to enjoy it. I want to answer him that I love him back. But instead of words, only fire comes out. He moves away just in time and looks at me a little scared and frowning

- Hey! You're supposed to protect me! Not cook me! - He looks at me up and down - ... You'll have to compensate that with a date. One where you take me flying!

His smile makes me feel at ease. I might be dangerous but he's not regretting his words. God...I really am a very lucky dragon. I wanna let him know we can go back up soon, when my family leaves. But before finding a way to say it I see something behind him. What's that shiny thing back there?

Realizing I'm staring somewhere he looks back as well. He wants to walk closer to it but I stop him. However, once more he pets me and talks

- Don't worry, my cute big dragon. That's exactly what he were looking for.

He walks up to that thing and takes it in his hands. My eyes go wide seeing it. But he doesn't give me explanations. Instead, he climbs on my back and hugs me by the neck. Am I horse now? This is how we'll go? He'll ride me? I guess taking him up there grabbing him with my claws isn't his style.

- Let's go save our families, love

Oh, his voice next to my ear is gonna kill me. How can he be so cute calling me that? I can't believe I thought I was gonna be able to live without him. I don't care who I have to face, I'll stay by his side for the rest of my life. Judging by his tone, I think he believes we won't need to fight.

I don't wait another second and finally, with my heart beating fast I spread my wings. My feet no longer touch the floor and the wind hits my face. I can't help my emotions and try to spit fire. It works. It lightens up the cave and I can see parts of it that were hidden a second before. I think there's more gold here than in the entire castle.

My family can't believe their eyes seeing me come out with the prince on my back and fully transformed. I enjoy it more than I should and on my way up I destroy parts of the castle. On my back, Tae guides me to know what can I break and when should I calm down. We arrive at the main salon breaking through the wall.

I never thought I was gonna feel this way. My dream became true. I'm finally a dragon. A real one. On my back, I carry the most perfect Omega I could ever wish for. And now, in front of our families we catch their attention, ready to make things right.

Next Chapter

Why would we trust a Min's word?

Thank you for protecting me till the end...

------------------------------------------------------

I'VE BEEN WAITING TO WRITE THIS SINCE WE BEGAN. Yes, I like dragons, what up?

What do you think Tae took from there? We'll see it on the next one! We're super close to the end 😭✨

- Baby Y

This man... He's gonna kill me, I swear. I love how much fun he had with this song 😭🔥