Chapter One

Things in Lmanburg were different after winter came. Though we never truly saw any winter like weather, there was a subtle nature of the land that just made it evident. Seasons change and so do people. No matter how hard the world tries it will never be able to maintain a consistent state of peace. Lmanburg and the rest of the SMP had fallen back into a constant state of being on edge. Never knowing which action will result in war. I hated it, all of it. Having to pick sides and seeing my friends fight one another never failed to make me a worse person. Sometimes it felt like the only person who I had that I knew would always be on my side was Sapnap.

Sapnap is my best friend. If I've hit a point where I feel like giving up, he is the one to motivate me. If I feel weak he reminds me that I'm not. On days I feel depressed he's the one to make me smile. As long as I have him I know I'm never alone. That's probably a good thing considering the turn the SMP has started to take.

The SMP had fallen into the most tense state I'd ever seen. Quackity gave up his spot as president due to the pressures of potential war. Tubbo was now the president and that scared me. The boy did his best to keep good relations with the SMP but ultimately he was still a boy. After Tommy was exiled I did my best to stay out of Lmanburg business. It wasn't until they tried to execute Techno that I started to see the country falling apart. People from within were turning on eachother. The country itself was becoming a state of deflection and divergence. Deviating from its morals that were originally meant to avoid war and keep peace. Not intimidate and enforce order. It wasn't Tubbos fault, I knew that. But it still pained me to watch the country crumble.

Now here I stood preparing to make a deal with Dream himself.

"C'mon [y/n]. Lmanburg has fallen. You and I both know that. It isn't a place of peace anymore. You don't have to fight or get involved in this war, I just need to know I have you on my side and not theirs." Dream says. If I hadn't gotten used to it, the seriousness in his tone would have been intimidating. There was a point in time where if that same seriousness could be detected in his voice, I would have cowered. Not anymore. Dream knew that as well. I was one of the few people that wasn't afraid of him.

"What about Tubbo?" I say. I wouldn't let my voice falter. Not in front of him. I wasn't about to show any signs of weakness.

"What about the boy? You and I both know by now that he isn't capable of leading a country. He's still a child. L'manburg either needs to rejoin the SMP or they will watch everything they built be destroyed." Dream says. His words were harsh but I partially agreed with why he was doing it. As long as there are sides there is always the threat of war.

"Dream, people could get hurt." I say.

"Not really. They will have a chance to get away. Listen [y/n] I know you have an attachment to people of Lmanburg, but I also know you have no attachment to the country itself. I don't want to hurt anyone just prove a point." He says.

"Yeah well it seems like a bit of an excessive point to make." I tell him.

"Yeah but your brother thought it was necessary. He knew what had to be done." Dream says. He knew what he was doing bringing up Wilbur. I knew it was a tactic to convince me. I didn't show any signs that his words had affected me.

"Wilbur died trying to make that point." I say.

"An unfortunate sacrifice. You know, Technoblade is on my side for the first time in history. The only one in your family who doesn't agree with me is the one in exile." Dream says. He was right. My family had all seen what the country was becoming. Trying to execute Technoblade had been the last straw for me.

"My family's choices don't affect mine." I say.

"True, but there's always Sapnap." He says.

"What do you mean Sapnap? I'm not stupid Dream you cant sit here and try to mention the people I love to get me to join your side." I say. Dream shook his head and smirked.

"You're right. You're probably the last person I should underestimate. What I mean by Sapnap is he was a part of my war effort before. Wouldn't you fight with him?" Dream says.

"Sapnap and I make our own decisions. Mentioning him is starting to make me wanna join you less." I say.

"So you want to join?" Dream says with a cocky smirk.

"I never said that." I reply.

"Yeah but you and I think similar. I know you were thinking it." He says.

"You're not helping your case." I tell him.

"Are you with me or not?" Dream says. He extends his hand waiting for me to shake it. Instead of shaking it I reached out and grabbed his wrist, twisting it enough to cause him pain. I hold up his wrist and look him in the eyes.

"I'll stand with you. No one can know but I will. This is also a warning, I am the last person to try and play mind games with Dream. You say we think similar, I will read your mind. Don't test me." I say dropping his hand. Before he could say anything in response I turned around and left.