"Me neither. I need a break" took Liam the seat on the other side of Louis.

The party was taking place at Nikki's flat, or her parents'. It was a huge flat where they had celebrated New Year's Eve, too. So many people were here and half of them were unknown to Louis. Of course, Nikki was here with her three best friends Victoria, Bailey and Maya. Then there were those guys out of Niall's and Harry's courses, Brandon Sebastian Patrick and Max. Classmates of Liam like Chris or Aidan, who was Shawn's other friend. Luke, a guy out of Louis' course was here too and well, Tiffany. It was that many people. They even had an own little bar with two bartenders in the flat and that's where Louis was sitting at. Now with Shawn and Liam.

"Shouldn't you be with your boyfriend? It's his big day" wondered Louis, looking at Liam.

"I was with him the whole time but now my feet need a break" replied Liam weirdly and Louis kind of knew that wasn't the real reason.

"Same, mate. I can't take one more step for a while. Niall is crazy sometimes" nodded Shawn along with Liam. Strange.

"But you love it" nudged Liam Shawn's side.

"Guess I do" laughed Shawn light-heartedly.

"And how are you holding up, lad?" addressed Liam now Louis.

"Amazing. Why?" faked Louis a smile.

"We've seen you sitting here for a while now. Drink after drink, watching the dancefloor. Just checking how you're doing" answered Liam slowly and Louis knew with we he meant Zayn, who was probably worried about his best friend.

"I wanted to give you some time and not be a burden. I'm good and enjoying my drinks" said Louis in a forced light voice.

"Sure you're good? I have eyes, you know? I can see things happening in this room, too" eyed Shawn him, definitely referring to Harry. "You've been different these last couple of days. More reserved. Almost gone".

"I needed a change. Wanna be more responsible" shrugged Louis nonchalantly.

"You're one of the most responsible people I know. What's this all about, Tommo?" asked Shawn alarmed.

"Nothing. Just wanting to change and ...".

"But not because of Harry, right?" cut Liam him off horrified. Louis fell silent and avoided their eyes.

"Louis, you should never change for someone, not even your soulmate. You're good the way you are" tried Shawn to reason with him.

"Not good enough for him though" murmured Louis quietly.

"Louis, what ...".

"Shawn! Come over here" shouted Niall across the room, getting a lot of people's reactions.

"Just go. I'm fine. Have fun with Niall" told Louis him with a brave smile, feeling sad now.

"You sure?" checked Shawn worried.

"Always" gave Louis him a thumbs up.

"Fine" sighed Shawn out and walked across the room over to Niall, who was accompanied by Aria.

"Louis, can I give you an honest advice?" lay Liam a hand gently on Louis' shoulder.

"If you can't hold it back" shrugged Louis, trying to come off as unbothered.

"Talk to him. This isn't healthy. You're not yourself anymore. Barley a shadow of the boy I've got to know all these months ago. I don't know what game he is playing, but this isn't good for you or fair in any way. You deserve better than that and I want you to be truly okay. Please, talk to him. Honestly" advised Liam him, but it sounded more like a desperate plea.