Starting A New Life

Directly in front of him appeared a large Uni building with pillars at the entrance, towering high in the air and connected to a balcony. It was completely white with huge windows and built in an old style. Wide French doors opened the door to his new life. Louis entered the Uni building with awe and a bit of hesitation. Inside he was met with a huge hall and tried to remember the way to the secretariat to get his needed paper stuff.

Luckily, Zayn was by his side but was as clueless as himself. Together they made their way through the big building and after about ten minutes they actually found the room they were looking for. The familiar secretary was sitting at the reception, handing out papers like timetables to new students.

"First and last name, please" said Mrs Stewart, the secretary, when it was Louis' turn.

"Louis Tomlinson" cleared Louis his throat. He definitely wasn't used to saying his name out loud like that, which was probably weird.

"Ah, an English student with a knack for drama. Your introductory course is tomorrow morning. Have fun and welcome to Domumley University" handed Mrs Stewart him his papers.

"Thanks" coughed Louis weirdly and stepped aside so Zayn could walk up to her.

"Name, please" she said again.

"Zayn Malik" answered Zayn a bit embarrassed.

"Okay. Here are your papers. Your course is tomorrow, too. Welcome, Zayn" smiled Mrs Stewart friendly at him.

With their papers in hand, the boys walked out of the main building and walked over to the separated dorm room building. It was close to the part of the creative arts of the Uni, which was separated too because it was a new building and way more modern than the old main building. On the third floor, their ways parted, and Louis searched for his room number. After a bit of looking around, Louis found his dorm. 328.

With a heavy sigh, he unlocked the door and stepped inside. It was a simple room with two single beds on the sides, two desks with an attached shelf on the wall, two cupboards at the other end of the room at the bottom of the beds, a huge window with curtains on the other side and an attached bathroom on the left side. Louis was really happy about the fact he was lucky enough to be able to afford a room with an attached bathroom because he wasn't so keen on mass bathrooms. As far as he knew that would only lead to bullying the gay kid.

Due to his dormmate not being here yet, Louis just chose the left side of the room and started to unpack his stuff. First, he stuffed all of his boring clothes into the cupboard and at the end, there was even still space left. This just proved to him again that his sense of style didn't change for the better years ago. Before his coming out he had loved all kinds of colours and wore a lot of skinny jeans. But after people started calling him out for his obvious gay fashion style and his girly body features, he switched to more loose and boring clothes like he was wearing right now. Many times Zayn had tried to convince Louis it was okay to wear what he loved, but it was in vain every time.

Next, he put on his navy-blue sheets and threw a soft blue blanket and a black pillow onto his bed. After that, he sorted his books on the shelf and fixed his desk until it looked a bit more like him. When he was finished, he walked into the tiny bathroom that had a window, too. Again he took the left side and put his stuff into the shelves, wondering when his roommate would show up. Walking back into the room, Louis was surprised by how tidy his side looked. He was a very messy person so this would definitely change pretty soon. Hopefully, his dormmate wasn't a cleaning freak.

Bored, he sat down on his bed and took out his phone to text Zayn and see how far he has come in the meantime.

To Javy: