Happy New Year *

Surrounded by tons of unknown people and even more alcohol, Louis found himself in Nikki's flat on New Year's Eve back in Domumley. After the quiet but also very emotional time back home, Louis was in for some fun with his friends and boyfriend, who looked like he wanted to run away. He was definitely out of place at a party like this and Louis felt bad that their friends had convinced him to come along. As much as Louis was used to getting wasted and party till dawn, he would have been okay with staying in and doing something different. He felt it was time for a change in his life and Harry was part of it.

"Don't look so scared, Deer. Those people won't bite you as long as I am around" wrapped Louis his arms around Harry's waist from behind, startling him.

"Gosh, don't scare me like this, Lou" slapped Harry Louis' arm weakly.

"Sorry, but you looked so cute. I simply couldn't resist" nuzzled Louis his nose into Harry's neck, feeling a little bit tipsy.

"Are you drunk, Louis?" looked Harry down at him.

"Nope" shook Louis his head and popped the p. "Just smally tipsy. Haven't been drunk since we were out clubbing after the exams".

"I didn't know you were drunk that day" frowned Harry slightly.

"I was. Not the whole time but at some point, I was. Tried to block everything out and wake up without memories. Didn't work out though" told Louis him truthfully.

"Lou, it's not good to get smashed and lose control over your body. Sorry, I'm doing it again. I should stop lecturing everyone who does things I never did just because I'm a freaky coward" switched Harry's mood from stern to apologetic in less than a second.

"You don't have to be sorry, Haz. You're right. It's nasty to get sick over alcohol and vomit on yourself and lose control, but sometimes you want to forget and that's the easiest way" explained Louis gently.

"Were you trying to forget something?" questioned Harry in a small voice.

"Yes" mumbled Louis quietly.

"What was it?" Harry wanted to know sadly.

"You" swallowed Louis hard as he looked into Harry's green eyes.

"Me?" blinked Harry.

"Yes, you. I tried to fight my feelings and control my um ... upcoming jealousy. All those horny and greedy jerks that were ogling you like fresh meat made me pissed. I tried to stay calm because I had no right to be jealous, but I still was. When Niall started dancing with you, I was so relieved, but it turned into even bigger jealousy at the closeness of you two. Aria and Àmber tried to distract me, but I was damn close to killing someone, so I decided to get smashed instead. Not my proudest moment" confessed Louis to him embarrassed and avoided his eyes.

"You were jealous?" checked Harry perplexed and Louis barely nodded. "I thought you avoided me on purpose to get some that night".

"What?" screaked Louis. "Never. I never did that in the first place and especially not as a form of distraction".

"But with Zayn ...".

"Totally different thing and I explained that already" cut Louis him off. "Looking back at it now, none of us is really proud of it, but we don't regret it either. It happened for certain reasons, but I'd never hook up with a stranger. I was simply jealous of those bastards and Niall and ...".

"Niall? But why? Don't you know he's ...?".

"I heard my name" shouted Niall over to them, cutting Harry off.

"We talked about how much of a jerk you really are" replied Louis sassily.

"Harry would never do that to me" claimed Niall surely.