9. (end) Mafia's maid

Start from the beginning

"Well, you can say that." He completely ignores me and goes back to his phone. I lean back on my seat.

Then why does he seem to be trying to kiss me whenever we are alone? Maybe some distraction? I am a distraction???

Our hangout simply passes with me glaring daggers at those girls around us, throwing desperate looks at him and the boy himself, engulfed in his phone. I internally pull out the scalp of my hair with my fingers.

"Let's hang out some other time again." Jungkook says once we leave the cafe. It's getting dark already.

"Sure. Why not?" I force those words out and watch as he goes to his car and drives off. I mumble some curses and step inside my car.

Not even, 'its night, shall I drop you off?' or 'text me once you reach home. I need you to be safe.'

Without any other thoughts, I follow his car. Not too near to his car but at a safe distance, I follow him. More like stalk, like Jina suggested.

I'm really tempted to see who has stolen my master's heart. I was his maid and- why am I thinking about this now?

His car finally stops in front of his mansion. I park my car far from his house and step out.

Seeing that he has already entered his house, I walk to the gate and open it slowly with the pass.

I swear if the girl's somehow even a little bit of a bad character like Chaewon, I'll force her to leave Jungkook.

I walk towards the front door and open it with the spare key that he had given me before. Creaking the door open, I peek inside to see that he's not anywhere.

I smirk at myself and step inside his territory. Closing the door, I walk towards the stairs after taking off my shoes near the door. He's not here. Probably upstairs.

I walk with slow and steady steps. This is harder than I thought. I approach his bedroom. Pressing my ear on the door, I frown when I hear no sounds.

I enter the room and look around. He's not here. Where did he go? I open the closet but no one. Did he not enter the house at all?

My eyes widen when I hear loud footsteps outside the room. Rushing to the bathroom, I gently close the door.

Stepping in the bathtub, I close the curtains and lean against the wall. At this moment, I'm regretting following him.

My heart hammers when the door creaks open. Closing my eyes, I support myself not to fall and make sound.

But to my unfortunate surprise, my hand accidentally turns on the shower. I cover my mouth to not let out any sound as the cold water makes contact with my skin.

Few minutes pass with no sound at all except for the sound of the water hitting the bathtub.

I yelp as the curtain is yanked open and there stands the devil himself. I freeze in my spot, unable to say anything because of shock and the cold water.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" He doesn't sound surprised but amused.

He notices me shivering so he turns off the shower and takes my hand. Pulling me out of the shower, he takes a towel from the cabinet and wraps it around me.

"You're shivering." He caresses my arms. Sighing, he helps me take my hoodie out. He stops when I'm only in my sports bra.

But his jaw clenches and he groans when his eyes fall on my stomach as he knows the reason behind the scar.

I realize it and cover myself again with the towel. He doesn't speak for now. "Wait a minute." He steps out of the bathroom and comes back with clothes in his hand.