" It would be hard for me to play piano and violin uncle. Look, I'm just too little and small. "

His uncle only smiled at his words.

" Then, we would make one that would be suitable for you. "

At his mother's birthday, he played Chopin's Winter Wind. It was a surprise for his mother's birthday. Raoul thought that his mother would be happy. He never expected his mother to cry and slap his uncle on his face.

" My son isn't yours to mold as you please and to be like a perfect idea of yours! "

Raoul realize what was happening after his mother said those words. It was also the 1st time that he saw his mother get angry at his uncle. Regarding his aunt, she could only serve as a mediator between the two. But if she would ask her opinion on the fight, she would lean on her mother's side.

Eventually, his uncle and mother reconciled after a week of that events after he promised to don't put pressure on Raoul and tone down his subtle manipulations and grooming.

His mother knows that she wouldn't be able to stop her cousin from influencing and interfering with the life of her son the moment she stepped and barged on her cousin's life.

Raoul felt cheated when he learned of his uncle's intentions. He was frustrated but he never truly felt grown to hate his uncle. He just dislikes his methods and manipulations. Raoul has also realized what kind of messed-up man is the Duke of Dreux-Soubize. He should just tell him his intentions directly and honestly. It wasn't like he didn't enjoy learning new and old things.

At age 4, his uncle asked if he wanted to play chess with him. It was also the day that his uncle finally decided to clarify some things with him.

" I am certain that you know how to play chess. If you refuse to play chess with me, I wouldn't interfere with how you live your life again. You could do what you wanted with your life. Freely and carefree like my Beloved Clarisse. "

His uncle's eye's turned melancholic.

" I don't know what she was thinking to remain faithful and devoted to me. I am an incapable man. Who just can't grant my dearest wife's wish. "

The Dreux-Soubize paused for a moment while wiping the tears on his eyes.

" After all those years, she hasn't left me for another man. I am a lucky husband to have her. In this country, the aristocracy was a thing of the past. Just like the others, I am just a mere figurehead without my wealth, looks, and wits. The Bourgeois in this country is rising. The idea of people and capitalism was dominant. There are Bourgeois that was richer and good looking than me. They were also capable unlike me. Yet, my wife stayed by my side faithfully every day. "

The Duke Dreux-Soubize stared at his wedding ring and caress it gently while he continued narrating his story.

" And one day, it was like that the destiny has decided to turn the wheel the moment when your mother and you arrived at our doors. The manor becomes more lively because of you two. I was grateful for your presence. Clarisse smiled more often because of you. She wanted to indulge you. And I just wanted to prepare you for the future. It was presumptuous of me to subtly mold and teach you of my ways. You have a bright future, I don't want it to be buried and forgotten. In this materialistic world, you would shine the brightest. "

A sincere smile was etched on the Duke's face.

" So, please... If you agree, I would guide you and teach you everything that I know. .. My son. "

Raoul look at the Duke with a complicated expression on his face at that time. Eventually, the Duke look at him with a heartbroken look when he said those words.

" I can't and would never be your son. "

The Duke curled his hand in a fist. It was shaking slightly.

" But, I would continue to be your little nephew's uncle. "

Raoul smiled slightly.

" Education and guidance are important. Free knowledge and education are the best. But your guidance and teachings aren't. It was an equivalent exchange. You teach me and you would reap the rewards in the future. Your emotions are genuine right now. But it was still so manipulative of you, Uncle. "

He took a deep breath before he continued.

" Since it was like that, I would agree if you agree to my condition. "

" What is it? "

" I would give you a name of people. You would just need to find them and gather some information. When Uncle said that he was just a figurehead, you are lying. The Other Nobles, the church, or even the Bourgeois- none of them would casually offend you. I didn't hear any bad rumors, talk, or news about my uncle. You are also frequently invited by the 2nd emperor on important occasions. "

The mask that his uncle wore broke for a moment. A wide smile was revealed. And golden eyes that were staring at its prey with unbridled hunger and thirst. Before it disappeared completely.

" My dear nephew. This country has slowly left its faith. That must be why God has decided to grant it a Mephistopheles, isn't it? "

His uncle's golden eyes were staring at him intensely. Raoul then replied to his uncle with a cheeky expression on his face.

" No, you're wrong. I am just a Faust and this country has already it's the devil isn't it? "

It makes him look like a pure and innocent child. His uncle chuckled for a moment before saying.

" Indeed. You are certainly a Faust. There is an impossible ambition within you. I wouldn't question what is those things regarding the names. I know that you are special. Yet, you are just one of the many special people in the world and history. But with my teachings, you would shine the brightest. I promise, that there is a bright future ahead of you. "

That day, an exchange was made. Raoul didn't reply to the false Mephistopheles that the near future wasn't looking so bright and dazzling. Knowing the future, he can already smell the stench of blood, smoke, fire, and gunpowders. He can already hear the cry, anger, resentment of the people.

With that thought, would his knowledge be still of some use considered that this one is a parallel world?