Chapter 17

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I have always thought the airport was a depressing place. Saying goodbye to loved ones, watching tourists find their way around, little kids crying because of long flights, chaos, stress, long lines. Unless you are going on an amazing holiday, the airport is really sad.

I was currently watching my boyfriend walk through the boarding gates to get on a flight to London. There are tears streaming down my face, people walked past staring at me but completely oblivious to what had happened. I felt like Brad was leaving me forever, he didn't say when he would be back or what would happen between us while he was gone.  When the flight attendant announced that the gates were closing I left. Walking out of the airport I wiped away my tears and hailed a taxi.

When I got home I walked through the front door and Chris was sitting on the lounge. Still in his police uniform, he stood up as soon as he noticed me.

"Cas .. I ____"

I didn't bother listening to what he had to say, it wouldn't help anyway. I had fallen in love with this man who really should only be my teacher and now he is gone. Not forever but my heart told me otherwise.  

When I entered my room I went to my ipod dock and put the radio on. Missing You by the Black Eyed Peas came on. How fitting I thought to myself. Lying on my bed I searched through my computer for any movie that could make me feel better. I heard a knock on my door but ignored it.

Clicking 'The Notebook' I layed down on my bed and sobbed through the whole movie.

 ~~

The rest of the week passed slowly. I didn't talk to anyone or do anything but go to school then come home and sleep. Brad hadn't called yet. Did that mean something?

"Cassie, excuse me Cassandra do you know the answer?"

"Huh .. what?"

I noticed my new math teacher staring at me along with the rest of the class.

"Um no sorry" I said before staring down at my blank notebook.

The bell was the first thing that pulled my eyes away from my notebook. I tried to maneuver my way around everyone to get out of the door but someone grabbed my albow and dragged me back.

I turned around and came face to face with Jack. My eyes widened and I tried to find an excuse to leave.

"Im late for this thing, sorry I have to ____"

"No Cassie this has gone on too long, we let you have time and space to yourself but its gotten way out of hand." I was shocked by the anger in his voice. It made me stop and look at him.

"We have told your parents and they are coming back from their business trip and we have booked you in to the school councilor. "

"What! You had no right, who do you think you are?"

"We're your friends Cassie!" He yelled so loud that I shrunk away from him. He lowered his voice and finished. "Well we used to be"

"Whatever Jack I don't need friends right now okay!" I ripped my arm away and left the room. School was now over so I kept walking until I reached the bus stop. After 40 minutes the bus came and I got on sitting at the back and plugging in my earphones.

When I got home my parents were at the front door. My mum enveloped me in a hug but she was gentle and acting as though I would brake if she wasn't careful enough.

"Hey mum and dad, if you don't mind im just going to my room, I have loads of homework." I said trying to smile but I think it came across as fake. I quickly rushed upstairs before they could stop me. When I got upstairs I sat at my window and watched all of the people walking past. My mind flashed to the scene in New Moon after Edward leaves Bella. Oh my God im just as sad as her!