𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

┍━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━┑

┍━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━┑

CHAPTER THREE
the sun summoner

┕━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━┙

"I really appreciate the new business, but you've only paid for an hour of my time, and I have to be back at the Orchid in an hour." The Heartrender, Milana, stated from behind Celestine and Kaz who walked side by side.

"The Orchid isn't safe tonight," Kaz warned, "You're life's in danger with this job, you should make yourself scarce for a few days afterwards."

"Mr. Brekker, are you threatening me, really?" Milana questioned and Celestine rolled her eyes, "Hardly."

They hadn't been with the blonde for more than fifteen minutes and Celestine already wanted to get rid of her as quick as possible.

The Heartrender huffed, "Even if I'm nice, my boss will call the stadwatch on you."

Celestine stopped abruptly, spinning round to face the blonde, reaching her breaking point, "It's not us you're in danger with, Milana, it's Pekka Rollins— I assume you know who he is, yes?"

Milana gave a small nod in confirmation, but gave the Soulbearer a look of confidence, "My boss will call the stadwatch on him as well."

Celestine scoffed, turning back around, "And that's why he's already dead."

"Who are you lot?" A man called from the other side of the estate gates, as Kaz held out a gloved hand for Celestine to drop the small pouch of coins into, "We're here to see Dreesen."

"You're not in Pekka's Crew." The man pointed out as Kaz started towards the gates, "And you're not in Pekka's pocket anymore if you don't owe him." Kaz threw the little bag through the bars of the gate for the man to catch.

The next thing they know, the Crows and their Heartrender are waltzing through, the man preoccupied with his small bag of money.

"Hey," Jesper wedged himself between Kaz and Celestine, "Where'd you get that coin?"

Kaz gave him a smirk, just as the man let out a yell, making them all whirl around, "Hey! One of these has a hole in it!"

Jesper looked to Celestine in disbelief, "Saints."

The brunette laughed, just as Kaz was ushering them all into the estate.