𝐨𝐧𝐞

┍━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━┑

┍━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━┑

CHAPTER ONE
the crow club

┕━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━┙

The sound of a gunshot echoed off of the walls of the Crow Club, but hardly anyone turned to see what the commotion was about.

Jesper Fahey's grinning like a cheshire cat when the cheating man in front of him is taken by security, leaving his money on the poker table.

Just as he's about to snatch the cash from table, the tip of a long and thin silver blade hit the table, just mere inches away from where Jesper's fingers once were, making the sharpshooter sigh, "Ruining my fun, Allaire?"

"No loud noises at the table, Jesper," She chided, watching the man collapse back into his seat, eyebrows raised, "You'll scare off the pigeons."

"Wouldn't want that." Jesper agreed, eyeing the glistening crimson ruby embedded into the hilt of the dagger as Celestine gripped the handle and yanked it from the table.

Celestine gave him a once over, twirling her weapon in her hands, "Shouldn't you be on the door? Like Kaz told you to be?"

"He send you to do his bidding, Cel?" Jesper questioned playfully, but the brunette wasn't in the mood for games, not today, and stood her ground, holstering her dagger before crossing her arms over her chest, "Jes—"

"Yes, right away, Sparrow." He grumbled and she nodded in affirmation, making her way towards the bar, where she was originally, before Jesper caused a small scene.

Celestine sat there for a while, just surveying the bar, keeping a careful eye on the pigeons and for any fights or commotion between overly drunk men.

Out of the corner of her eye, Celestine watched one of Blythe Tarasov's Viperidae sneak up to the bar and sit in the seat beside her.

"Hello, Roman," The Soulbearer greeted, staring down into her empty glass, "What does Blythe want now?"

"Too much." He jested and the girl shook her head, a breathless chuckle leaving her lips, "You're telling me."

Celestine turned to him, and the small smile on her face was wiped off in an instant, a frown taking it's place as her hand ghosted over his bruised cheekbone, "What happened to your face?"

Roman placed his hand over hers, "I'll be fine, Cel, I just had a run in one of the guys from the Black Tips— you shoulda seen the other guy."