𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"We'll wait for your signal." Pope sent the girls a thumbs up.

Aria quickly turned back around and bent down to reach JJ, his face scrunching up into confusion. She grabbed his jawline and pulled their lips to meet, kissing him gently.

"I love you, JJ." She whispered against his lips. His eyes widened in shock. Before he could say anything she turned on her feet and jogged to catch up with her friends.

"Hey! Be safe." John B called after them, "We will." Sarah waved.

JJ recovered from his slight shock, "Be safe." He caressed Popes face. "I'll be so safe."

"I'll be safe for you."

John B groaned loudly, "Can you guys stop? Stop!
I'm gonna kill you."

Pope laughed, looking up at John B. "But how would that keep us safe?"

Aria searched the porch for the breakers but there was nothing, "She must have a generator plugged into the main power supply."

"Shh..." Kie hushed them, looking for the breakers.

Sarah stood next to Aria, trying to rekindle there memory of this place, "Where are the breakers?"

Aria placed her hand softly on a wire, following it. "What is this?"

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no." Sarah whined, trailing the long wore with her own eyes, "Shit." Kie but her lip, joining in on their search.

"It goes inside." Sarah gulped.

Aria ran a stressed hand over her hair, her flashlight shaking in palm. As much as she didn't want to go in the house, especially without JJ, she had no choice. They had made it too far to back down.

The door creaked loudly as Sarah pushed it opening, a cat yowling. The girls scurried along the entrance, looking for the breakers.

The glass tinkled as she opened it, "Hey." Kie whispered, telling her to be quiet.

"Yeah. Yeah." Aria ran her finger tips over the buttons, "Oh." Sarah stared at the room.

With one switch, the house powered down, every light source turning off. "They did it. Go time." JJ stood up, the boys following him.

"So, let's do it." Pope encouraged, "Three, two..." John B counted but impatient JJ already started walking away.

"Just... just... just go." JJ trailed, walking towards the house. "Holy crap, you know what this is? It just hit me. Pope, look." JJ gestured, "This is C.H.U.D. Full C.H.U.D."

John B stared at him in confusion, turning to Pope he asked, "What is he talking about?"

"Cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers! Have you guys not seen that film?" JJ asked, shocked.

"No. Can't say I have, no." John B rolled his lips into his mouth. "It's actually a good film. It's about cannibals that live in the sewers and under New York City, and it's like..." JJ explained.

"Shut up! Shut up!" John B whisper screamed at him. "How deep do you think this is, Pope?"

Pope sighed, looking down at the large drop in front of him, "I don't know."