Uh... I don't know if this is a reason for you to smile...

She thought, facepalming, but soon forgot him when she realized it was her turn together with Izuku and Bakugou.

Ok... Relax. Just breathe and do it. You can do it.

She joined the boys at the start, staying side by side with them, Bakugou at her left and Izuku at her right. The blonde one shot her a glance, though Y/n ignored him focusing her gaze at the green haired one. She noticed how nervous Izuku looked. His eyes were wide open and drops of sweat covered his face while he shook a little bit.

Although her intention wasn't to socialize with her classmates, she saw herself being drawn to Midoriya since their encounter at the corridors. So even though she didn't know him well, Y/n sort of cared for him.

"Hey, Midoriya-kun... Don't worry, you'll do great." she whispered, making the boy turn to her surprised.

"Aah..ah.." he stuttered embarrassed but smiled. "A-arigato... Torino-chan."

Y/n heard Bakugou sneer beside them, but paid him no mind and gave Izuku a closed eyed smile, facing forward afterwards. The three positioned themselves and waited. In this small time gap, she looked at her hands and tried activating her quirk but not a single glow or spark appeared. She tried again, and again, but failed. Frustrated, Y/n soon saw it was useless and decided she would run without the aid of her power.

"Ichi ni tsuite. Yoi... (Get ready. Set...)"

The robot gave then the start signal and Bakugou immediately advanced putting his hands behind and creating a series of explosions that rapidly propelled him forward.

"EXPLOSIVE SPEED!!" he yelled, outrunning Midoriya and Y/n.

She made a face at the cloud of dust Bakugou left behind but started running just like a normal person and so did Midoriya. Y/n was ahead of him, though she would be lying if she said Izuku didn't surprise her. Why wasn't he using his quirk?

After 6,30 minutes she reached the end, an improvement of 0,54 seconds compared to her middle school time. However, still far away from the mark she could achieve using her quirk.

Y/n breathed deep to catch her breath, seeing Midoriya arrive 0,32 seconds after her. Despite her tentative to calm him down she could see the boy was still nervous.

Maybe she wasn't the only one who had problems with their quirk?

*Softball Throwing

After a lot of running and jumping they had to face another test. Y/n managed to do the others, but without the aid of her quirk she would probably be at the bottom, if not ranking last. However, she wasn't alone since Izuku also continued not using his powers. It was now either him or her to be expelled.