Chapter 13: The Kiss

Flynn impatiently unlocked the door and kicked it open.

The door groaned as it swung on its hinges, sounding as though it didn't want to be there are much as both Flynn and Audelia didn't. Once the door opened, it revealed a room with only four walls creating an exceedingly small and square room. But the walls being slathered in a beige colour and the furniture all being made out of the same chestnut oak made the room welcoming.

Flynn dragged Audelia further into the room, his fingers wrapped around her forearm to create an unbreakable lock. Audelia's eyes were first drawn towards the two windows that sat on the wall facing her. The windows were entirely covered however, as two massive sets of deep brown curtains draped over them both.

The stars. That's what first popped into Audelia's head. The stars. She couldn't see them, and she found that she missed them. They'd been sleeping outside and under the night sky this whole journey and she'd grown used to the stars glowing above her. She didn't understand them, but they were beautiful to look at.

And she always noticed how Flynn admired them possibly more than she did. His eyes would be glued to the sky as soon as it darkened to night.

"There's one bed." Flynn muttered quietly from besides Audelia.

Audelia turned her head to look at him and saw that his free hand was being pulled down his face in annoyance. "What?" Audelia asked, not entirely sure of what Flynn said.

Flynn lifted his hand from his face and directed it towards the bed. The only bed in the room.

"Nope." Audelia immediately shouted. "Not happening."

"You think I wanted this?" Flynn said in a strained voice. "We have no choice."

"Just get another room."

"And let you escape? I think not."

"Fine. Sleep on the ground."

Flynn let out a low chuckle that Audelia took as a form of mocking her.

"Did I say something funny?" She snapped, tugging her arm out of Flynn's grip.

Flynn allowed her to do so before nudging the door shut with his foot. "I'm not sleeping on the floor."

Audelia's face began to twist in disgust as she looked from Flynn to the bed. "Well, I'm not sleeping next to you!"

Flynn shrugged his shoulders and started to kick his shoes off his feet. "Then you can sleep on the floor."

Audelia then watched as Flynn pulled his shirt off over his head and dropped it to the floor. "That kind of defeats the purpose of us coming here, so I could sleep on a bed." She managed to stutter out, as she tried her best to keep her eyes averted from Flynn's bare back.

Flynn interlocked his hands and then stretched his arms high above his head. Almost as though he was putting on a show for Audelia. "Then sleep on the bed."

"No!" Audelia said bluntly as she ducked her head to ignore the blush clawing its way onto her cheeks.

"Sounds like you can't trust yourself around me."

"More like I'd rather not sleep next to something that could give me some sort of disease." Audelia spat.

"Ouch," Flynn chuckled, "That might have hurt my feelings if you weren't currently drooling over my body."

"Oh, you wish." Audelia stomped, pushing past Flynn, and climbing onto the bed to claim it as her own.

Flynn crawled onto the bed next to her, forcing Audelia to move out of the way. "And if I do wish that?" He teased as he placed his head happily against the pillow, enjoying the feel of satin.