This is me

Two days passed since Christmas, and they were amazing.

Every day we would go out to explore.

The beaches and the scenarios around us were breath taking.

To be able to wake up without having to worry about anything other than going to the beach and finish our days watching the sun set by the ocean was a feeling that I couldn't describe. I was living my dream.

On the 26th, I started to fully understand why people liked the area so much. First was when I saw a baby sea lion for the first time:

"Charlie and I had decided that it would be a good idea for us to do something as a couple. So, we went out on a breakfast date, as he called it, and then for a walk by the beach. I always loved the feeling of the sand between my toes and the smell of the sea water, and of course the company was amazing as well, so I didn't complain.

We were in a "heated discussion", trying to convince each other on what was better to eat with waffles, Maple Syrup or Nutella, when I saw the first one.

I stopped dead on my tracks, going from talking my heart out to silent in half a second while grabbing Charlie's forearm, getting his attention. But my attention was on the animal a few feet in front of us. I could swear that Charlie thought that I was going to pass out or something.

- You 'kay? – he asked, concern written all over his face.

- Yeah... Hm... Is that a sea lion? – I asked, pointing to the animal like a child that had just discovered the first golden fish on the pet store. Charlie moved his eyes from me to where I was pointing.

- Yeah, that is a sea lion. – he said, smiling. – A mom sea lion, by the looks of it. – Charlie completed when we moved a little closer and were able to see a baby sea lion hidden by its mother's side. I could swear that I would die from the cuteness right then and there."

They were amazingly beautiful and different from any other animal I had ever seen before.

After lunch, on the same day, we decided to take the standards a little higher and try something different. Since a couple of us had never been scuba diving before, and the activity would be done a lot on the second part of our trip, we all decided that it would be a good idea to take baby steps into it. So, we went snorkeling at one of the reefs on the beach close to the hotel. And I can tell that it was just as amazing as seen the sea lions for the first time.

"- Okay, you have never done this before? – Charlie asked and I shook my head.

- Nope. – I told him while putting the fins on.

- It's okay, neither have I or Charlie. Let's just stay close to the each other and we should be fine. – Gaby said and I nodded.

- I never asked, but you do know how to swim, right? -Charlie asked, trying to make fun of me so I could relax.

- Yes Charlie! I do know how to swim! If I didn't, I think I would have said something by now. – I told him, throwing my t-shirt at him.

- There are some things that a guy needs to ask. – he shrugged, fixing his mask in his forehead, and walking towards me. Charlie offered me his hands and pulled me up. – Just remember to breath through your mouth and stay close. If you do that you should be fine.

- Okay. – I said, fixing the mask on my forehead as well. – You do remember that you have never done this before too, right?

- Yeah, but I feel better about it knowing that you will be close. – he explained, making my heart melt. I swear, this guy was something else. Charlie gave me a quick kiss on the lips before we walked to where everyone else was waiting for us."