Chapter Two, Picking up Sammy

Just over a day and a half Dean had finally arrived outside Stanford in Palo Alto, California. He would have arrived a few hours earlier but he wasn't going to keep his daughter in the car for all that time, it wasn't fair. As it was, it was now eleven at night and he hated waking up his precious little girl but he wasn't going to leave her alone in the car.
"Baby. Come on honey, wake up, we're at Uncle Sammy's." Dean called gently, crouching down besides her brushing her hair from her face.
"No Daddy." Amélie whined, rubbing at her eyes tiredly.
"I know. I'm sorry sweetheart, but you can go back to sleep in a bit. You want to see Uncle Sammy, don't you?" Amélie sat there thinking about it for a moment before she nodded, pulling the Princess blanket off her and holding her arms out to her father. Coco held tightly in her hands.

Smiling softly at her Dean undid the straps and picked her up and placed her on his hip.
"Where we go, Daddy?" Amélie asked curiously, as Dean started to climb up the fire escape until he got outside the right apartment.
"Into Uncle Sammy's but it's a surprise so we have to be super quiet." Dean said, putting a finger to his lips, smiling as she copied him. "Good girl." Dean whispered, kissing her hair proudly as he wedged the window open with one hand the other holding his daughter. Once the window was safely high enough Dean leaned through the window to place Amélie safely on the counter and told her to stay very still before he quickly climbed through and accidentally knocked a window pot to the floor with a loud smash.
"Shh Daddy." Amélie scolded, her finger still to her lips. Dean couldn't help but let out a little laugh as he closed the window and picked her up.

"Sorry Princess." Dean whispered, sensing someone was watching them he quickly placed her on the ground and crouched down in front of her. "Honey, I want you to listen to me carefully, alright? I want you to hide under the table until I come get you. It's nothing bad, just a surprise for Uncle Sammy, I promise."
"Otay Daddy." Amélie whispered, hugging Coco close as she ducked under the table with Dean covering her head.
"Good girl." Dean said, kissing her head and walking past the beads to lead the person away from Amélie and into the living room. Suddenly the tall figure attacked him and Dean fought back, getting the figure to go further into the living room. They threw kicks and punches at each other; some that landed, others that missed. It was only when Dean managed to pin the figure that he realised it was Sam.