Chapter 9

Upon arriving home Y/n simply parked by the curb, and lead Justice into the apartment, silent the whole way. "You can just place the stuff on the couch" he puts his bags down as justice does, watching him hurry around to the kitchen, going through some cards by the stove as if looking for something, eventually placing down a recipe card "So, she likes apple pie" He sighs "So, i'm making her this" The demon gave him a worried look and picked up the card.

"Sour apple pie for people I don't like...?" She read out loud. Y/N nodded

 "Yep, it was a recipe from my Ex, so now i just make it when i need to make things for people I don't like"

"That's rather passive aggressive...in a strange way" She sighed "Alright, ill see what I can do about my horns" and Y/n got to work on his pie.

As justice attempted to style her hair, she grew concerned, she could tell there was something he wasn't telling her. 

"You know I don't know how well this is hiding my horns"  

"Oh yes, uh come out" As Justice walked out of the bedroom, she was dressed rather nice, though it was somewhat hippie-ish. A red shirt, grey beanie, and an open sweater. "...Yeah its good" he nods "I doubt she's gonna like it but it works" 

"...So why apple pie?" She leaned in to watch him make it.

"Well, my ex gave me this recipe, and also I just generally don't like pie" He shrugged, much more lax than earlier as he prepped the dough by hand, measuring everything out perfectly too. 

"So...other than what you've told me, what is your mom like?" she stood up and looked around the apartment. 

"Ah, shes hard working? I'm not sure what else I can say, at least in terms of good things...I mean shes an archaeologist, and it shows, all she cares about is how you fuck up in the past" his face begins to scrunch up with anger as he described her.

"An archaeologist? What did you say her name was?" she noticed a pearly white feather on his windowsill. As she felt the feather up and down with her fingers, it was a familiar feeling.

"Oh, uh M/N L/N, she's pretty famous up in the...mortal realm or whatever" he wrote it off rather nonchalantly. 

"Oh...her? yeah we know her" justice jumped a bit when she heard her name. 

"You seem like you know her pretty well, she pull the same stunt the Taker did?" he said jokingly 

"No no, just stumbled across something she shouldn't have, its not important" she set the feather down.

"Hmm" he shrugged it off as he put the pie in the oven "Well thats that" he wiped his brow "I cant believe she just decided to show up" he started grabbing meat and spices from around the kitchen. "Ugh, its getting late" he yawned as he placed some meat in a marinade. 

"How about you head to bed then?" she started removing the outfit she put together, "You seem really tired" she walked over to him and put a gentle hand on his cheek, her thumb gently rubbing under his eyes "I can feel it" she chuckled.

"Yeah...yeah lets head to bed, the meat can marinate overnight anyway" he sighed and put a hand over hers, settling into bed with her, letting his eyes slowly close, watching her smile to him.

"It will be okay" he heard her whisper to him before planting a kiss on his forehead as he drifted to sleep.

 A/n: sorry about this being kinda short, promise next chapter will be longer.