Chapter 8

"This will be nice" Justice says as Y/N drove the car through the city. "I cant wait to see what your life is like" She said as she watched the town pass. 

"You know it only just occurred to me that you've only ever been in the city once" 

"Ha yeah, the Taker was showing me everything when we ran into you, guess you'll have to catch me up on everything"

"Haha it'll be great" he smiled as they merged onto the highway. 

"I dont think I noticed how strong you demons smell of brimstone until being locked in a car with you" Y/N said jokingly, trying to start some small talk.

"Haha, you'll get used to it, you smell like..." she sniffs the air a bit "like fresh bread...good bread" she said with her mouth agape.

"I can make you some when we get there" He offered

"Yes please" she nodded hungerly.

"You really like my cooking don't you?" He chuckled 

"Why wouldn't I? so far its only proved to be delicious" 

The pair continued down the highway, random conversation popping up when it would.

"Do you ever miss hell?" 

"Not really to be honest, it was hot, loud, I do kind of miss my work though..."

"What did you do anyway?" 

"Well I used to be the high prosecutor, aka. when there was an issue that the big skeleton dudes, our normal guards, couldn't handle, I stepped in, usually for demons that were acting up. But eventually I met my match, and I had to pass on the torch..." She stared at her gloves for a moment "...But I can still kick ass"

Y/N Remembered something "Hey...uh, If I may ask, what's between you and judgement" 

"Hmm? Oh not much, just I raised her since she was a little imp, and as you probably know, she took the title of high prosecutor after I had to step down, why?"

 "Oh just...she didn't seem very...happy about us...being a thing" 

"Oh, not sure why she would be...hmm shes an interesting girl, if you ask me...shes probably the most human out of all of us" she smiled.

BRRIIIING Ba da duuum...BRRIIIING Ba da duuum

Y/N's phone exploded "Oh shit..." his face went white, he recognized that ringtone.

"whats wrong?" she dug his phone out. 

"I-Its my mom" he held out a hand "Here give it" his hand shook as she handed him his phone.

"..." he held the phone up to his ear.

"Y/N" her voice was as stone cold as ever "So you finally ended up in the hospital?" 

"Y-yeah mom, how was your weekend" 

"What happened, you make an attempt on your life again" 

His teeth gritted as he clenched his hand around the phone "....no....thanks for asking" he said through his teeth.

"Well that's good, look I'm coming to visit in two days, I know how much you hate not being informed" 

"how...considerate...I will see you then...s-send dad my regards"

"Yes..." and the phone clicked off

"Ugh..." Y/N exclaimed "Why now, of ALL times why NOW" he sighed

"What happened?"

"My mom's visiting soon, don't expect much" he glanced over at justice, a concerned expression spreading across his face

"Whats wrong?"

"She's...pretty religious and I don't think me having a demon as a girlfriend is going to go down well...Fucking WHY NOW" he shouted

"Eh what she says doesnt matter okay"

"So ive heard, just, we need to hide those horns" he shook his head in defeat "God I'm going to need a nap when we get home, doubt its a good idea to take one" 

"Hey you know I can clean up the place too" 

"Yeah yeah just...she's got a lot of standards whatever, lets just get home as soon as we can"