When This Rain Stops

The rain continuously falls as she strides barefooted on the garden. She looks up in the sky and feel the water drop on her face. It's getting colder but she doesn't mind. She needs to clear her mind and the rain is helping her.

Something has been bothering her mind and she knows the answer to that. But she can't let go. Not now. She needs him. She needs him the most. The thought of losing him today keeps her heart crushing. 

Tears brim again on her eyes. She's been crying for days now. She's tired of it. She's tired of everything but she keeps on fighting. For him. 

She sits by the swimming pool as the rain falls from the sky. It won't stop yet as the sky is dark and the wind is rough. She screams as she hears the thunder rolling aloud. She screams as the wind crashes on the roofs of the houses around hers. She screams as the rain pours harder. 

Why does it hurt so much? When will this ever end? She doesn't know. She never has the answers. 

"Sophia, come on, get inside," she hears Oliver by the porch. She looks back and sees him standing there, still in his office clothes. She can't do this. She can't deal with him now. Not in this state. 

"Come on, Sophia," he coaxes her, trying to get her to listen. She's tired of listening to anyone, even him. She's tired of this.

She goes in the swimming pool and lets herself float in the middle. She's fucking tired. 

"Sophia," he's on the edge of the swimming pool with an umbrella, clearly getting annoyed of her. She has always been obedient but not now. 

She looks at him, her eyes full of pain. 

"Let's get inside. It's freezing," he insists but she doesn't even flinch. How can she love this man? How can she be crazily head over heels with this evil man? She doesn't know… All she knows is she doesn't want anything anymore. Just her baby, her baby Nicholai. 

"Bring him back," she says, almost a whisper. Oliver doesn't heard what she said. She swims off the swimming pool and stands in front of him. 

"Bring him back," she says clearly now. All the hate and anger resurface from her. If it wasn't for him and his wife, she'll still have her baby Nicholai running around their house, singing a song for her. Not a child on life support, not a child who's broken. 

"I told you it's an accident. Marian doesn't know he'll jump from the platform," he explains. She doesn't know if he's in denial or he just doesn't care. 

She laughs bitterly. All the life in her system have been trying to escape. 

"Bring him back, Oliver. He's your son! Our son!" she shouts, thunder rolling again from the sky. 

"I know! No one wants what happened to him, Sophia. But we should let him go…" Oliver tries to hold back his tears. It's painful for him too. He loves their child. 

"You will always side her, will you? You want me to give up on Nicho because it'll be her negligence if he dies…" she mumbles, the truth finally dawning at her. She looks at him with spite. And in his long silence, she has found the answer.

"I won't give up on Nicho. My child will fight this. He'll survive," she's stubborn she knows. Even the doctors said there's a slim chance her son will survive, she won't give up. She can't. 

"Don't make this harder than it already is," he pleads.

"He's my son, Oliver!" she shouts at him, trying to make him understand. 

He shuts up for a while before he looks at her with sheer sadness, "And she's the love of my life." 

She can't help but slap his cheek hard. She's furious. She gets inside and takes a bath. She wants to see Nicholai. She'll see her child.