𝑅𝑒𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛 𝑂𝑓 𝐽𝑎𝑘𝑒

(Wake Part One)

Odessa was emotionless

Odessa was emotionless. It was like she was numb. It's only been a couple days since Nick's death and she hasn't left her room for anything.

She didn't sleep or eat. She was like a shell of who she was.

The guilt was eating at her. She kept getting nightmares and it was haunting her.

Odessa was knocked out of the thoughts as a soft knock sounded on her doors. "Essie, you in there?"

It was Morgan. She came over everyday trying to get Odessa to leave her room.

The fake blonde didn't answer as she looked out her window towards Nick's house. She almost thought he would just show up and climb through her window. But then she would remember.

He was never coming back.

That reminder put Odessa in a more depressed state.

Morgan sighed after not getting a response from the Blake witch. She was worried and also hurt from losing Nick.

"Anything?" Cassie stopped Morgan as she was passing the blondes room.

Morgan wiped her watering eyes. "N-no. I'm worried about her. Nick was everything to her, and I feel so guilty that I'm still jealous of him."

"Why would you be jealous of Nick?" Cassie asked.

"Nick and Odessa had a connection that we didn't. I was always jealous of it. I felt like I was losing her. But she seems to forget I lost Jake too. He was my best friend also." Morgan cried.

"Jake?" Cassie curiously questioned.

Morgan gave her a surprised look. "Odessa never mentioned Jake?"

"Tell me about all of it. So I'll know what Odessa has been through." Cassie opened her bedroom door wider so Morgan could enter her room. "Maybe it would help me know how to help her."

Morgan nodded, slowly going into her room. "She would kill me just for saying his name."

"What happened?" Cassie plopped on her bed.

"She and Jake were in love. But everything fell apart. It all started..."

~~~