"Wait, Doctor," he interrupted me. "Are you trying to say that my wife did that intentionally?"

"Not really, but yes, it's a possibility. Alternatively, it could have been due to carelessness. She may not have been cautious enough about the baby's health." I explained, as I had planned.

"Enough!" He yelled, hitting the table with his hand. "Doctor, my wife would never do anything like that intentionally. It was destined to happen, and it did." He said, furiously.

"I'm sorry; I was just explaining things to you. Now, I'll prescribe some medications for her that she will need to take," I explained.

"When can we be discharged?" He inquired, calmly.

"Hopefully, tomorrow," I replied, handing him a list of prescribed medications.

"See you later," he said before leaving the room.

I couldn't help but hope that he believed my explanation.

ABUBAKAR

After leaving the doctor's office, I made my way back to Asmau's room. The doctor had left me fuming with his accusations. How dare he suggest that Asmau might have done something to harm our baby? I had to push those thoughts aside and trust my wife.

As I entered the room with a salam, Asmau was engaged in a conversation with Aminah about something. When our eyes met, a small, reassuring smile lit up her face. That smile always had a calming effect on me.

I walked over to her on the bed and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. "You're back already kenan?" She asked, to which I simply nodded. "What did the doctor say?" she added, concern etched in her features.

"It's not important, my love," I replied, attempting to brush off the topic.

"What do you mean it's not important? We're talking about our baby here, Abubakar," she pressed further, her worry evident.

I decided not to share the doctor's suspicions with her. It would only upset her further.

"Um, Asmau, we're going to check up on Auntie now... We'll return later," Aminah interjected, standing up, and Summaya followed suit.

"Okay, Ya Aminah," Asmau replied, her attention returning to me as they left the room.

"So, what did the doctor say?" she asked again, this time more persistently.

"Nothing happened, my love. It's Qadr, and we have to accept it," I replied, enveloping her in a warm hug from behind, my head nuzzled into her neck. "I love you so much," I whispered.

"Me too," she replied softly.

ASMAU

"Have you packed the bag?" Ya Aminah asked.

"Yes," I nodded, cross checking to check if everything was there. Just then, Abubakar walked into the room.

"I've settled everything; let's get going," he announced, taking the bag from me.

"Okay then, Ya Aminah, goodbye," I said, giving her a warm hug.

"Okay, my regards to the kids," she replied after we pulled away.

"In shaa Allah," I responded before we left the room.

Abubakar glanced at me, his eyes filled with concern, and asked, "You feel okay?"

I nodded with a smile. "I do," I reassured him.

As we made our way toward the exit, we unexpectedly bumped into Doctor Munnir. "Oh, Asmau!" he exclaimed, turning his gaze to Abubakar, who already had a slight frown. "Abubakar!" he greeted, extending his hand for a handshake, which Abubakar reluctantly accepted.