Proposal

The Konya Auberge.

The place was silent and mostly empty, having no other guests than Halime. She has booked the whole caravansary for herself, as she didn't wanted any unwanted problems.

It's been three days, and she knew well Ertugrul has been trying to find her with all his might. But knowing Ertugrul well, she cut out every chances of her trace. Only she knew the things to be done, can only be done in this way.

"Halime Sultan!"

Halime came out of her trance and looked in front. She mentally face-palmed herself for getting lost again.

"Yes, I am sorry! You were saying something?" Halime politely asked.

"Yes... Actually, I am a little confused. Are you really sure Leyla Hatun is upto something?" Mehmet asked. Halime knew Mehmet, who was the son of one of most loyal Emir of Selcuk. Mehmet has been a great helping hand to his father, and Halime knew him quiet well from long. He was the most appropriate person to ask for help for Halime.

"Absolutely I am sure. And the biggest proof is the ring that I saw with her that night. She would've returned it if her intentions were right." Halime cleared herself.

Halime remembered vividly about the night where Ertugrul blurted on her and put her in big dilemma, and when she went out to have a rational conversation with him after a breakdown, she witnessed an abrupt conversation of Leyla and her man. But Halime had absolute idea seeing the state's long lost ring in her hand.

Halime slightly shaked her head to avoid snapping out again. In the meantime, she just nodded her head even though not understanding anything.

"You are right, but the good thing is atleast we are aware of some things now. Otherwise no one really knew who she is. She manipulated all of us successfully, this would've never unveiled if you would not have tried to contact with me. There were rumours that she too died shortly after her father's death."
Mehmet put forth his concerned making Halime agree.

"And I have no doubt that she is the one behind those rumours." Halime said rolling her eyes even at the thought of Leyla.

"Maybe, we never...

Mehmet's word stopped seeing Gunduz coming from outside. Halime and Mehmet's attention drew towards him. Gunduz's expressions changed immediately seeing Mehmet sitting with Halime, even though they were at seat opposite to each other. Gunduz walked towards Halime, but with his eyes fixed on Mehmet.

Halime too was briefly examining Gunduz's reactions. Mehmet ignored his grumpy gazes thinking a child's curiosity, but he knew nothing about the insecurity that flows in blood.

Gunduz squinted his eyes at him and rolled his eyes away with a big sigh, and there Halime knew Gunduz hated Mehmet's presence around her.

She was not surprised of him having his father's insecurity for her. Same blood would absolutely do some or the other thing same. Halime had a short flashback on how Ertugrul squints his eyes and gives sigh the same way whenever he saw someone unwanted around Halime, and for the moment she saw Ertugrul's splitting image in her son. She wrapped her hands around Gunduz taking him close.

"Masha Allah!! He is absolutely like you. He is so cute." Mehmet said caressing Gunduz's cheeks with a smile, but Gunduz immediately parted his hand from his face, making Halime a little shock and Mehmet's smile faded into little awkward giggle.

"Uhh... Don't mind, he is a bit reserved." Halime tried to cover up.

Mehmet smiled at Gunduz.

"Oh that's absolutely fine." He said. Halime too gave him a little smile.

**********

Kayi Tribe

Ertugrul dismissed the meeting of Alps and took his seat on the Beylic chair. He addressed them with half heart as all his thinking was diverted on Halime. The situation made him so tense. His face showed the lack of sleep as all he bothered about Halime in these days. He was unsuccessful in all his attempts in finding her.

His mind has many thoughts, and it was splitted into many. His one mind said Halime is fine wherever she is. While the other said she might be a witness to unknown accidents. She was having Gunduz with her, she was pregnant and went all alone.

All the thoughts ate his mind from deep inside. Just when he took a deep sigh, Abdurrahman's voice disturbed him. Ertugrul put a break on his thoughts.

Abdurrahman came in and greeted Ertugrul.

"Yes Abdurrahman. What's that?" Ertugrul asked.

"Bey, there's a messenger of Sultan. He said he wants to meet you." Abdurrahman said. Ertugrul felt amazed, as what new problem he will have now.

"Ok. Send him in." Ertugrul said, and Abdurrahman went out.

After a minute, a man entered in the tent grabbing Ertugrul's attention. Ertugrul remembered him and he was the same man whom Ertugrul met last time.

"Assalamun-alaikum."

"Alaikum-assalam."

They send greetings on each other and Ertugrul motioned him to take a seat. He took his seat opposite to Beylic chair.

"Yes... May I get to know what's the matter this time." Ertugrul asked him.

"Ertugrul Bey, first Sultan Alaeddin has sent his greetings for you." The messenger replied.

"EyVallah." Ertugrul showed the gratitude.

"Ertugrul Bey, as Sultan has said last time about the Şehzade's trial will be soon, it has been delayed now. Also, we got to know that Halime Sultan too won't say against him. So that matter will take some time." He said to Ertugrul.

Ertugrul nodded his head with silence.

"And there is one important matter." It took Ertugrul's attention, as he knew there was something.

"Yes. What's that?" Ertugrul asked him.

"Ertugrul Bey, as you know Leyla Hatun's father was a close man to Sultan Alaeddin, and after his death, there were many false rumours against her, including her death. But when Sultan Alaeddin got to know that she is here, he was relieved."

"There are so many enemies of Leyla Hatun's father, who now wants revenge on her. And she is most safe here. So, Sultan Alaeddin wants you to marry her!" He finished off the sentence.

"Whattt?" A loud voice escaped Ertugrul's lips. The man hitched a little.

"But why only this marriage? She can live here. We will anyways ensure her protection. There's no need for such thing, and Sultan knows how much I love Halime Sultan." Ertugrul protested in complete disagreement.

"Yes Ertugrul Bey he knows. But things are not that easy. Leyla Hatun's some of family members are also traitor, but we have no proof against them. And they wants to take Leyla Hatun with them, which is clearly a part of their tyranny. If she will live here, they will forcefully take her, but if she will have someone on her back like her husband, they won't." He completed explaining.

Ertugrul's face was completely drained by now.

"But... But all her family had died. Then who are they?" Ertugrul agressively questioned.

"Yes, there are some people who is alive, but they chose the wrong way, that's why Leyla Hatun considers them as dead." He stated.

Ertugrul stared him in complete shock and confusion. He felt Sultan threw him in burning fire. He can't marry someone else with the love he has for Halime, neither can disagree to the proposal. He said nothing and remained speechless.

"It's your decision Ertugrul Bey, but that will save someone from a big problem. No one knows what they want to do with Leyla Hatun, also this marriage will contribute to the state in great importance.
Sultan has given you time to think. You can give your answer when you will be sure, but please keep in your mind everything. Thank you!" After throwing brainwashing words, he stood up to go.

Ertugrul too stood up, and his mouth only managed one bidding word he said to him. The messenger left away, leaving Ertugrul in thousand more thoughts.