"Lou?"

His name echoed. Repeating back each time, so many times. Ox feels his more side wanting to claim his mind and teach Lou a lesson.

And he's tempted to give in.

"Get out."

Lou's voice is a low growl. Ox flinches in the hallways thinking it's directed at himself. He peeked into the room and his eye widens.

It's not directed at him.

"But, Lou-"

"Hell, Nolan, leave me alone!"

The doll named Nolan is sitting on the bed wearing a not earned smug face. As if he has control of the situation and Lou included in a neat little package wrapped in tied little bow.

"He's going to use you, we both know it."

To Lou, his voice speaks truth. Trust he doesn't want to hear at these moments. Mind to muffled to even comprehend the meaning, the only thing he registers is a feeling of wanting isolation.

"Get out." Lou growls, pointing at the door. "Or I will get the police dolls. I'm sure they'll see a crazy fan stalking the perfect leader."

His smirk is victories. Nolan widely keeps his mouth shut. He knows he is beast and stands, walking out the room and through doors into the outside world.

Ox watches in the shadow. Personally making sure Nolan is not taking advantage of the shadow to keep an eye on Lou. His doll.

"Come in."

Ox doesn't question how he sees in the shadows. He nodded and walked in. Keeping eye contact the entire time as if predator's meeting prey.

"You know your a mess."

There's no hiding the opinion. Lou snorts and moves a hand smoothing his hair and making perfect again.

"How's that?"

"Somewhat better."

"And I thought I'm supposed to belittle you."

They shared a chuckle in the darkness. Ox makes his way toward the bed. Lou doesn't reject him sitting on the soft covers or how he sinks into them as if they want to keep him there forevermore.

"Drop your guard."

Lou's eyes cloud with hidden anger. But he cannot take it out on someone innocent. Inside a monster is a doll who screams for help.

Ox pins Lou down. Hands grabbing arms. The fact Lou isn't object says how much he trusts Ox even after all these years of constant heartache.

Lou's head softly lands in the pillows. Ox knows he is taking advantage of a broken, sad excuse of a doll. A doll who's supposed to lead. Yet here he lays in the hands of his considered enemy.

"Your pathetic."

Lou releases an audible whimper. He's not in charge anymore. Ox's darkness controls his emotions, consuming his mind. A weak doll in his eyes.

"How do I still love you?"

Lou's mind is lost in a world of its own. Even as Ox uses his body and sucks something giving him a pleasant sensation, a moan escaping through his mouth. After all these years, Ox has him where he wants him.

There's no one around to stop the romance. The two have no idea how to interact. Ox works his way and suddenly they're having fun as it has meaning.

To Ox, he's having fun. Using a stress relief. Lou's heart is too shattered to realise the signs of his needing help.

"You know the gauntlet is in days?"

Ox freezes, he raises a single brow. The only one he will ever have. Lou gives him a broke smile, perfect teeth gleaming in the darkness. He laughed.

"So?"

Ox hissed, grip tightening. Possessively, lovingly. He traced the skin. Perfect, perfect skin. His to own, his to only have and no else's to steal.

"Who knows who will win?"

"...We'll know if we want to be back in love."

"Who says it's even love? Tragedy is our story."

Ox doesn't agree nor does he disagree. He simply lets Lou take him into his arms and suddenly they're kissing as if it's the end of the world.

Bitter mixed with genuine emotion. Lou caresses a hand through Ox's fur. It's soft and loving, just like his rabbit. Ox leaves the kiss a second, stroking Lou's cheek, tracing the tears steaming in a loving gesture.

Lou's crying because he's lost. Ox is smiling because the doll he once loved back where he wanted. Lou wasn't the manipulative. Ox's innocence proves guilty.

Were they ever more than just brothers?