We sat in silence for a while. This was the closest I’ve come to knowing about whatever happened to him when he just arrived in the Glade. I was curious - I could ask Minho, of course, but it was Newt’s choice and only his choice whether or not I should know. Behind us, I held his hand in mine, drawing soothing circles with my thumb on the back of his hand.

Finally I decided that the silence was too much for us to bear. We just got out of the shucking Maze, we should be happy, not this kind of sad! “It’s gonna be okay,” I tell Newt, “Minho accepted it, and the others will too. I’ll be with you. We’ll do this together.” I wondered if I was reassuring him or myself.

~TiMeSkIp~

All the Gladers were out - ready. We were just going to organise ourselves into beds when Newt announced, “Gladers. Tommy and I have something to tell you.”

Every head turned our way. I avoided their glances, but one face caught my attention. Minho had a sly smirk on his face. That slinthead… He knew what was going on, “Yes, we do,” I said, trying to sound confident. I was pretty sure my voice wavered a little. I walked over to Newt.

He took a deep breath. Behind the carefully constructed leader stance, I could see he was shaking. Mentally preparing himself for this moment. 

“We’re together,” he finally said, his eyes wide. 

The room elapsed into deafening silence. 

Newt stared at every Glader, a piercing stare that only he could pull off, daring them to disapprove. Somewhere inside me a switch flipped, and I realised I found that attractive. Very. In fact, we should just cut this klunk and kiss already. 

But behind it, I could see that he was slowly coming apart, little by little. His eyes, though stern, watered. Quickly and silently, I reached out to hold his hand, wrapping my fingers around his. 

And then, it was as if we were in a fairytale. There was one single clap - Minho - and slowly the room was filled with applause. Cheers, whoops and congrats surrounded us. I was very much relieved, and so was Newt. His whole body relaxed, a smile replacing the frown on his face. The tears finally rolled down, but they were tears of joy. I crushed him in a tight hug, and I don’t know what came over me, but I suddenly felt it was appropriate to show just how much we were truly together and I pressed my lips against his.

A second passed where I took everyone by shock. Then, there was an uproar of disgusted retching sounds as I broke away from Newt, laughing my guts out as he stood dumbfounded. Oh - if only they knew where my thoughts wandered half the time. They’d have to wash their brains out with bleach.

For the rest of the time, I wondered around the room, talking with Newt and Minho and some others. Contentment and joy filled my mind. When it was time to sleep, we found out that there was one less bed. Naturally, I shared a bed with Newt. No one minded, except a few Gladers who gave me an 'I know what you're doing, you better keep it down' look. I winked back.

I snuggled against Newt on our bed. We got the top bunk - less people to see what we're doing. I shifted so that my back was facing Newt. He put his arm around me, hugging me closer to him. I inched backwards, so my back was firmly against his chest. The bed creaked. Beneath the layers of clothes, I felt something - hard - against my back.

I couldn't help it; I smirked. Newt heard my muffled laughter (and so did probably half the room). I could almost feel his blush.

"Sorry," he mumbled into my neck, sending a ticklish wave of warmth up my body, "I can't really help that, not when you're in this position."

"It's okay," I smiled back, trying not to laugh. My face was red as well. "I'm glad to know I have this effect on you," I whispered, wrapping my fingers in his. 

"Shut up," he replied gently, but moved closer to me. "I love you, Tommy," he said suddenly, and a feeling of absolute bliss, both emotional and physical from his movements, caused me to practically drown in overwhelming feelings.

"I... I love you too, Newt," I managed to reply.

"Will you guys shut up?! We're trying to shucking sleep here!" A voice from below us shouted. I burst out laughing as Newt groaned, burying his head into the pillow.

A/N: OMG 7K READS HjkhOQHKHJQHSIDJl I never thought I would get that far! Seriously :OOOOO THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! 

I was literally squealing while writing the last part (if you know where I got the inspiration for the last bit from good job) (hint its from teen wolf which im absolutely obsessed with <3) HAHAHA 

Also if you've read the book you would know that the next few chapters will be them stuck at that place... So finally stuff can happen... if you know what i mean *wink* ;) With that being said however I have no idea if I can write smut... I can't bring myself to it XD 

Thanks to my new followers mashton233, BrandiFawcet, bethiebear13, lolzfangirling, newt_flix, sierra448223, OliviaCaldwell, spaceycasey123 and Everlark_forever_xx!!! <3

QOTC: OTP(s)?

AOTC: NEWTMASSS, dylmas, stydia (tw), sterek (tw) XD

Thanks for reading <3 please vote if you liked this and comment :)