I flicked my gaze from Draco's face to his pocket, where he was slowly pulling out a thick letter. He passed it to me silently, grimacing. What could be so bad that Draco had hidden it? I ripped the envelope and quickly registered the handwriting. To my surprise it belonged to Lucius, not my father. With even deeper questions forming I read on.

Dear Sarah, how is Hogwarts? 

My congratulations on your mission so far, you've been excellent, just as we knew you would be. However, it is your fathers request that I inform you of his new command. You are to pursue Harry Potter, be NICE to him. But here is the thing- the only way to pull someones trust completely is with love. You are to make Harry Potter love you. 

Best wishes, Lucius Malfoy.

'Lucius Malfoy will die for his insolence,' I growled through clenched teeth, my gaze wholly on Draco. 

'It wasn't his fault Sar, it was on behalf of your father,' Draco murmured, inclining his head slightly. 

'Don't care,' I answered simply before throwing the parchment into the fire, smiling as it sizzled. But before I had ceased completely I was gone, winding through the dark halls of Hogwarts without a care in the world. I was going out... I was going to find Severus Snape. I had a question to ask.

LUCIUS'S POV 

'But surely father, Sarah will hunt you if she discovers you know about, erm, "us".' Draco's voice was worried, so much so that I chuckled. 

'I highly doubt that Draco- she cares about secrecy from her father as much as I. We are safe, until the Dark Lord discovers your..."fling".' I heard my son groan with embarrassment and I smiled into the fire, looking down on him. 

'But will you tell?' I thought about it for a minute before shaking my head.  

'No unless he requests it.' My son sighed and nodded. He believed me... My betrayal would really tear him up wouldn't it? I didn't have the heart to say that his words were in vain, that before the morn was upon us the Dark Lord would know exactly what had been going on. I hoped he could see that I was doing this for him...  

'Father? Are you still there?'  

'Yes Draco,' I said, making myself seen to the fire. 'Go now- I am expecting Sarah to arrive shortly. It would be best if she didn't see you I think.' Draco nodded and within a minute he was gone and my fire was dwindling down to the last of it's embers.  

'Lucius.' The Dark Lord called to me from upstairs. I groaned. What did he want now?

I hastened to meet his needs, jumping every odd step to speed up the journey. I was out of breath and slightly nauseated by the time I reached him.  

'Tired? I heard your messy steps trailing all the way up,' he said with a smile, turning around in one of his chairs. I nodded back, not too sure whether he was mocking me or not. 'Take a seat Lucius. I wish to talk to you.' I sat swiftly, my eyes flicking to an oil-painting of a woman that I was sure I'd never met but knew somehow. The painting was dirty and marred with age but the womans eyes still shone.  

'Who is that?' I asked, out of place. The Dark Lord looked at me curiously before finding something amusing and turning away with a smirk. 

'That... Monster, that ABOMINATION, is an enemy of mine, someone whom I believe is able to destroy me if she wanted. I want you Lucius- my oldest friend- to find her. I want her brought to me- preferably dead.'

I stared at my master for a long time, silently wondering what was wrong. Hunting missions were not made for me... 

'Why can't Wormtail or Yaxley do it?' I said, trying not to whine.  

'Because...' he trailed off sinisterly before glaring at me. 'This can only be done by you Lucius, someone that is used to... Society.'  

'Society? Like...' The Dark Lord glowered at me, his red eyes brimming with annoyance.  

'I believe she is around France- the muggle city called Paris? I shall relieve you of all duties until then. You can go.' I'd always wanted to visit the city that never slept... But leaving would leave Draco alone to the mercy of our lord.  

'Can I request one more thing my liege?' I asked quietly, turning around to leave. He rolled his eyes and gestured for me to continue. 'May I take Draco? He will help find this woman sooner.' The Dark Lord smiled strangely, almost like he was holding back laughter.  

'You may. Bring Severus in here please.' Now it was my turn to look confused.  

'Severus isn't here, my lord.'  

'He isn't at Hogwarts.' He wasn't? What could someone like Snape get up to away from Hogwarts? 

'Could he be on a mission for Dumbledore?' I asked. 

'Perhaps... Never mind, Sarah just needed him. Go- fetch your son and take the first portkey to Paris.' I nodded and left, whipping my wand and grabbing my ready-made suitcase. I'd learnt some time ago that it was easier just to have a bag with an extra cloak and some whisky in a bottle ready. It wasn't like I was in any lack of either of those...

I hurried up to my room, deciding how to contact Draco. I smiled- a visit to Hogwarts was in order.