The term Shumail drew his attention, and he took the letter from the drawer. He slid it open and yanked the paper out.

'Dear Shumail,

It's been four months that you left. These letters are the only reason I have hope of living. I'm not even sure whether my letters get through to you, and if they do, are you still so angry with me that you won't forgive me and return to me?

I love you. I really do. With all my heart.

With every letter that I write, I try my best to make you realise that I am ashamed of whatever I did.'

'This seems a letters written by Eram.' He thought to himself and continued to read the rest of it.

'I really wish I had met you in different circumstances, maybe then I would have got your love.

I'm not sure if this letter will reach you as well, but I'm not going to give up hope.

In the hope that you read this, I want to tell you that I am Sorry and I love you.

Please come back to me.

Yours,
Eram.'

His eyes were wide in shock. He set that letter aside and turned his attention to the others. There were dozens of letters in the drawer and every letter had his name in the same handwriting, belonging to none other than Eram.

He hurriedly took out another letter and opened it.

'Dear Shumail,

How are you? I hope you're doing well. Zayn is so happy to join his new school and he had promised to study hard. He says he loves you a lot and wants to play his new video game with you when you'll return. If not for me, then please return back for him. Please?

It's been 2 months and 4 days without you. I don't know if these letters even reach you! But I still write them in the slight hope that you'll read them and realise that I am ashamed of whatever I did.

I am really Sorry, Shumail. I really am.

I know I broke your trust but please give me another chance to win you back. I will do whatever it takes to win back your trust.

Please come back to me.

Yours,
Eram.'

The letters were a little smeared, which he assumed was due to her tears, which had fallen on the letter as she was writing it.

He was left speechless. He had no idea she was writing him letters all these time. He grabbed yet another letter and opened it.

'Dear Shumail,

How long are you going to punish me like this? Why don't you understand that I am ashamed of whatever I did and I am apologising for everything. Why is it so hard for you to understand that!!

Everyone deserves a second chance. Can you not give me a second chance as well?? Please??

I'm sorry.

It's already been over 8 months now!! Please come back. I beg you. Please?

Whenever you decide to return, you'll always find me waiting for you.