Chapter 1

Brooke's POV

I know I shouldn't be drinking since it's the night before the first day of school but what the hell. It's been a stressful day anyway, I honestly need to get fucking smashed. "Brooke get your ass in here! It's your turn!" Brad yelled as i grabbed another beer out of the fridge. I hurry into the living room where my sister Rachel and our three roommates Brad, Joel, and Monica are. 

Brad and Joel are already plastered. For a poor family we sure do keep a good supply of beer in the house. Rachel and Brad are the only ones who have jobs and the rest, well we just mooch off of them.I get up in the middle of the living room and grab the microphone to sing 'Poker Face' by Lady Gaga. I love nights like this, where we all just sit around and drink and do a little karaoke and play some card games until the sun rises.

I wake up with beer cans all around me and Joel and Monica naked on the couch. What the fuck happened last night. Last thing I remember was singing karaoke with Brad.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*  

I hear my alarm and immediately grab my head. The pain is excoriating, and that's when I realize that I've not only overslept, but I'm going into the first day of my senior year with a hangover. 

Ashley's POV

It's 7:20 A.M and I'm getting ready to head out the door to my first day as a English teacher at UHS. It's pretty nerve-racking. I just wish Holly were here with me to see me succeed. I know she's with me in my heart though. I grab my coffee and run out the door. I definitely do not want to be late my first day. 

I arrive at the school and it's already full of teenagers meeting up with friends they haven't seen in a while and trying to figure out where there classes are. 

I walk in and am Immediately greeted by the Principal, Mr. Howard. "It's so nice to see you again Mr. Howard," I say as I shake his reached out hand. "As well as you Ms.Smith. Come I'll show you your room." We walk to a room on the west wing of the school as he wishes me luck and is on his way. 

I enter the room and set down my things. I'm glad there aren't any students in here yet. They're probably still mingling, it is only 7:45. 

At 8:02 I suppose everyone is here now so I take roll. I start calling off names and get a bunch of 'Here's' and raised hands. "Brooke? Brooke Green?" I announce and don't hear anything or see anything so I move on to the next name. After roll I decide to introduce myself and surprisingly it isn't hard to get the classes attention. 

"Hello class my name is Ms.Smith and I'm your English 12 teacher this year." I say as I get a few guys who whistle and look me up and down. I just sort of chuckle and sit on my desk. 

"Do you workout?" A boy in the back asks. "Yes I believe in staying healthy and working out is a way I like to maintain my health." I say as the door swings open. 

"Brooke?" I raise an eyebrow as I ask. 

"I'm so sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything?" She asks. She must have ran here because she is panting. 

"No,I'm Ms.Smith, you may take a seat now." I say firmly. I don't like people who are late. Brooke looks rough, she has ripped black skinny jeans and her hair is in a messy bun, which is kind of cute actually and she's wearing a Nirvana muscle tee. 

I like her style plus she's incredibly cute. Did I just think that? I just push it to the back of my mind and get on with class.  

"This semester we will be reading 'To kill a mockingbird'." I say as the bell rings for the next class. I sit at my desk and fiddle through some papers. "Um Ms.Smith?" I hear a sweet innocent voice ask. I look up from my papers and see that it's Brooke. "Yes?" I say. "I'm sorry I was late, I usually am never late and it was just a rough night. I promise not to be late anymore and work really hard in class. English is my best subject," She says with a smile. 

I smile and nod and I looked the sweet girl up and down. She has a rocking body, I'd say she's an athlete. "Do you play any sports?" I ask. "Just softball, but I'm kind of the star of the softball team, well was." "Was?" I ask. "Yea our old softball coach quit a few weeks ago so we don't have a team this year." She answers sadly. I used to play softball.. This gives me an idea. 

"I'll see you tomorrow Brooke" I say as I go back to my papers. "Bye Ms.Smith" Brooke says as she's leaving the room and I take one more quick peak at that beautiful girl. 

Hey  guys so please comment and like and tell me what you think of this story so far! I've been wanting to write a studentxteacher story for a while so i'm pretty excited!