22. Addition

.

" 𝓜𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓪𝔂

𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓪𝓴.

𝓒𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓽 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓫𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓼. "

.

𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟻. Summer was knocking at the door a bit earlier than usual. One day Ryoko proposed a good day with an inflatable pool and the children were more than happy.

«Very good idea, Miss Asami» Roger told her. He said that having her at the orphanage made his days (especially because he didn't like children at all).

That beautiful and warm morning of May, Ryoko was keeping an eye to the children at the pool together with Pan. The two girls were enjoying that sunny day in the garden (well, actually only Ryoko was enjoying the sun since Pan was more focused on her laptop).

The young "computer expert" Pan, with her half blonde and half black hair, was sitting under a tree with Ryoko. Despite she had a lot of "work" to do, she couldn't focus well. Since that mysterious Japanese girl with black hair and light chocolate eyes crossed the gates of the Wammy's House, the atmosphere at the orphanage changed: it seemed as if the children were happier than before. No teacher –not even Mr. Wammy himself- created the aura of joy and delight that Ryoko did.

Like many other children and teens, Pan started to get along with her. At first, she avoided Ryoko since she didn't have a true reason to stay with her; but then, after few weeks, Pan saw how Ryoko, despite the unwieldy belly, kept helping and teaching with the same energy and enthusiasm. She was the only teen that still had suspects on her, but according to H's opinion –and to all the things she saw- Ryoko seemed fine.

So there she was, keeping Ryoko company under a tree while the littlest children played in the pool. She sometimes would sneak a peek at Ryoko's belly: Pan was both curious and scared by it. For some reason she would feel embarrassed if Ryoko asked her if she wanted to touch it. But she really wanted to touch that belly, at least once.

«Finally some fresh air for those kids» Ryoko pointed out almost whispering.

«Agree» Pan simply replied, turning off her computer. That was strange for a hacker like Pan, it meant that something was bothering her mind. «Asami?»

«Yes Pan?»

She took a deep breath turning her body towards Ryoko, a serious expression on her face. Ryoko looked at her, concerned about that behaviour.

«Can I...touch it?» she asked, embarrassment filling her voice despite the stoic expression.

«Sure, go ahead» Ryoko raised her shirt to show the large bump. She could see the nervousness in Pan's eyes but Ryoko reassured her with a smile. «Don't worry, nothing will happen»

Pan nodded and moved closer her hand. At first, she touched slightly with a finger the belly but after a while her hand caressed it gently.

«How is it?» Ryoko asked her noticing Pan's relaxed features.

«Strange...»

Ryoko felt the baby inside her moving kicking vivaciously. Pan felt it too because she moved away her hand a bit scared. «It's their way to say hello, Pan»

Pan smiled and caressed again the large tummy with more confidence.

.

.