8 - Is this the rising action drama?

To [Sonna]:

To [Sonna]:

u ok?

The message was left unread.

Andrew heard his name mentioned from the back seat. he tore his eyes away from his phone to listen.

"Save your praises for Secretary Andrew, father. He did all the heavy lifting."

Mr. Lopez hummed in agreement as he read Andrew's report on a tablet with rapt attention. "These lenders are obviously targeting us and based here on dear Andrew's analysis. Proximity to their head office gives them a goldmine of opportunity to funnel our low-income and contractual employees. And it is pretty accurate. It has a chart and everything."

"Father, you're starting to sound like Alfonso," remarked Sir Allen. "Everything in report is sound, logical. But what I want to know is what secretary Andrew thinks is the exact reason why our employees are so enticed by the ridiculous offer. Alfonso, you've had conversations with Secretary Andrew. Have you heard anything from him?"

Andrew fiddled with his phone. "Maybe he didn't tell you because you would probably shout at him and get angry as usual."

Mrs. Lopez slapped Sir Allen's arm. "Why are you shouting at little Andrew. He's doing his best at work, and before you say anything bad about him. Though he has never once approached us, we do recognize his talents and efforts for the company."

"I do know he's talented." Sir Allen groaned. "That's why I bring him everywhere I go."

That was new.

"Hehe," came Andrew's muffled chuckle. He hid a grin behind his hand. Andrew did love being acknowledged. For the record, being at his boss' side every freaking hour wasn't in the job description. Andrew was supposed to be just a desk secretary handling logistics and that's how he started six years ago. A fish-out-of-water graduate. He wondered at what point in time did Sir Allen begin to trust him.

He looked out the window as they arrived at the Lopez estate. He would've never even thought he would visit this place, but a lot of impossible things have happened lately. The gates swung wide, and they entered on a road of cut-stone with a flourishing garden on each side. The car rode up to a roundabout and the Lopez family home was in full display. It wasn't what Andrew had expected a millionaire's house would be. He was astonished by the simplicity of their home. It was a sprawling bungalow in the colors of maple wood surrounded by an abundance of flora. Even the panels of floor-to-ceiling windows gave the illusion of extensive space. Sonna was right: Being rich does smell and look good.

"Holy shit," Andrew cursed out as He slid out of the car in his running shoes, white shirt, and navy slacks. "This is house is the bomb! I could probably franchise five restaurants with the money for this house."

"Why thank you, Alfonso." Mrs. Lopez preened at the unusual praise. "It may not seem like it, but our pride and joy is not Lopez Co, it is our children and the humble home we've built together. "