I opened the front door and saw Tyler in the living room watching TV.

"Hey, Tyler whose car is that?"

He looked confused for a minute, "what? Oh, that's Mark's car. Have you never met him before?"

I shook my head.

"Oh, he's just a friend of mine. I could introduce you if you want?"

I shrugged, "nah, that's fine. I'm just gonna go take a shower and go to sleep."

Tyler nodded, unpausing his show.

I walked upstairs, getting some clothes from my dresser and heading towards the bathroom.

I almost screamed when someone walked out of the bathroom. I couldn't see their face because no lights were on upstairs.

"Holy.." I breathed, holding a hand to my chest.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone else was up here." The person said.

I was a little taken aback by his voice. It was deeper than I was expecting this Mark person to have–if this was Mark.

He stepped into the little light there was so I could see his face.

He was hot, like super hot– but hey, I'm not shallow, I'm simply just pointing out the obvious.

"It's uh.. it's all good. I should've figured you were up here." I said, snapping out of my little trance.

He smiled, holding his hand out. "You must be.. Ethan? I'm Mark." He said smoothly.

I shook his hand, returning the smile. "Yep, that's me. I've uh, I've never seen you around here before. Are you just visiting?" I asked, trying to make small talk.

In reality I was just making an excuse to talk to this guy again because he seemed like a cool guy. Plus, I could use more friends here.

He retracted his hand, running it through his slightly curly black hair. "No, I live here. I don't like getting out of the house much. Work and stuff y'know?"

"Yeah, I totally understand. Sometimes staying in and reading a good book is better than being out."

When's the last time I read? Probably in months. I was just saying whatever came to mind.

"You're my kind of guy Ethan. Speaking of a good books, I should probably be heading back home. I'll leave you to it." He said, giving me another kind smile before walking past me and walking down the stairs.

I stood there for a second before heading into the bathroom, closing the door behind me and setting my clothes down.

After I got out of the shower, I gathered my things. Just as I was about to walk out I noticed a pair of glasses on the counter by the sink.

Tyler didn't wear glasses..so maybe they belonged to Mark?

I walked downstairs, glasses in hand. I was hoping Mark was still here but he wasn't, just Tyler watching tv.

"Hey, Tyler? I found these in the bathroom. Think they belong to Mark?" I asked him, sitting down next to him on the couch.

"Oh, yeah probably. He went upstairs to..take a call? He must've left them in the bathroom."

"Who goes to the bathroom to take a phone call?" I asked no one in particular.

Tyler shrugged, "Mark's a weird dude sometimes. You learn not to question it."

I hummed, setting the glasses down in the coffee table.

"So about this Mark guy. Where does he live?"

"Woah, dude. That's a little creepy." Tyler pointed out.

"Well I didn't mean it like that. I meant I've never seen him around before. I've never even heard of him till now." I explained.

"Well Mark's..I didn't know. He's weird. He doesn't like being outside if he doesn't have to be. The only time I ever see him outside this house is his store and that one cafe downtown."

I hummed, looking down at the glasses.

"Cafe downtown.."

Tyler nodded, turning his attention back towards the tv.

"You don't think it would be weird if I hand delivered these to him?" I asked, gesturing to the glasses.

Tyler shrugged, "It would be a little weird, but I don't see why not."

"I need an excuse to go outside tomorrow anyways." I said, grabbing the glasses and standing up.

"Night, Tyler." I said heading towards the stairs.

"Night."