Chapter VIII: Welcome Home, Handsome Babysitter

**************************

Aika Villavicencio

I don't know how many times I've survived myself, without telling anyone else. I went through my darkest times alone, and I won't apologize if I act like I don't need anyone. That's the problem with being the string one, no one offers you a hand. And honestly, the deepest pain I ever felt was denying my own feelings to make everyone else comfortable.

Perhaps, I was always the girl who loved seeing the world more than I loved being in love. Maybe I haven't found the right person or maybe I was more in love with the world, but If I were to choose between being free or in love? I will always choose to be free.

And I suppose I love my scars because they have stayed with me longer than most people have. Our mansion is like my castle, I'm the Princess and my Lola Andreanna is a Queen. Even though I'm not her daughter, she treats me like one. She had always protected me from the outside world but sometimes it makes me wonder why she never let me out.

Fortunately, I don't need a magic mirror nor an evil underwater witch to answer my questions. I have it, I can answer it on my own but perhaps I don't want to hear it because I knew that it wasn't the answer that I wanted to hear in the first place. She's protecting me because it was my Mom's dying wish, while she was in the airplane? She called Lola and told her to take good care of me.

She also said that Lola should protect me, teach me how to become a wonderful woman and love me like her own daughter so I won't feel unwanted because she loved me with every bit of her heart but I know that my own father doesn't feel the same way because he hates me and the fact that I'm cursed is just making it a lot more worse.

Yesterday, I haven't seen Lola all day. She didn't even bother to check me or talk to me, I realized that she wasn't around. I went to her room, she wasn't there and same goes when I went to the library and our Enchanted Garden.

Hindi ko na siya nakita buong mag-hapon, as in para siyang bula na bigla na lang nag-laho. Where else will she go aside from those places that came across my mind?

Don't tell me that somebody kidnapped her?! But why the hell would they do that? Maliban sa pera, wala na akong nakikitang dahilan para bigla na lang nilang dukutin si Lola Andreanna at isa pa? Hindi naman sila basta-basta na lang makakapasok dahil marami kaming body guards na naka-bantay sa buong paligid ng mansyon namin.

Walang kahit na ano'ng makakaligtas mula sa'kin lalo na kapag sa loob lang ng mansyon nang yari, no one can escape my eyes even if they hide from me. But seriously, nasaan na kaya si Lola ngayon? I'm getting a little paranoid here because I'm worried.

She didn't even leave a note for me para hindi sana ako nag-aalala ngayon, I'm bothered by her sudden disappearance. Hindi naman ganito si Lola, she would never leave our residence without saying a word to me or to Prynce because she knew that I'd be worried about her.

Ever since Prynce went back to their mansion, si Lola na lang muli ang kasama ko dito pati na ang mga bantay sa labas saka 'yung mga animal friends ko. I don't talk to our bodyguards, and my animals friends can't literally talk but I can understand them. Si Lola Andreanna lang talaga ang nakakapag-salita ng maayos at nakakaintindi sa'kin.

There's a possibility na baka permanente nang umalis si Prynce dito sa mansyon dahil matino naman na siya kahit papaano unlike when he came here a year ago, I mean he's a guy kaya normal lang na umarte siya na parang nakawala sa Zoo or sa Jungle but he's a man now.