- 10 -

I woke up startled as I look around the car. Alex gave me a sheepishly smile before looking in front of the road. We were stuck in traffic and I frown at the sight. It was rare to see any traffic outside the pack territory.

I knew we were near; I didn’t have to see the sign that says “Welcome toEverdalleTown. We hope you enjoy your stay” but the surrounding was familiar enough with me that I can pin point everything, after all I was station here a couple of times to remember every details of the area.

Everdalle… The word rolls in my mouth with distaste.

Everdalle was the founder of the town and not to mention a vampire. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate vampires after all I got their blood in me as well. A very tiny drop of it, in fact like the size of the larges pin head you can find.

But what I despise about the name was the person itself,Adrianpronounces as An-dri-an. Adrian Grant Everdalle was the most ruthless man in the planet. He built the town as a slave town. Humans were badly treated back then and were use for only food, sex and labour workers.

It will probably still be the same today if it wasn’t for my great, great, great grandparents putting him in place. They took over the place and let the werewolves manage the place and it turns out pretty good town after a couple of year of hardship.

Of course it doesn’t mean Everdalle was happy. He was royal but not as high as the Hemmings but high enough that other people show him respect out of fear and his status. He had tried many times to take back the town only to be killed by my relative for disobeying an order.

Everdalle’s name was put in shame and end at his hands. But the Crescent pack had kept the name to show respect for the Everdalle before him. They were good people or so I was told but no one remembers the past of the town. They don’t even teach the truth of the town’s past at school and no one remembers the truth anymore beside the members of the pack.

“Are you hungry?” Alex said breaking my trail of thought as I look him. He now got his head out of his window taking a peak of what was happening up ahead.

“Not really.” I lied. I was starving but I knew we didn’t have much food left and Alex hasn’t eaten anything properly as he continues to drive. “What happen?”

“Car accident.” He pauses as he sat back down properly, head inside the car. “I think. There was too much smoke, it’s hard to tell.”

Alex sighs and rubs his eyes. “How about finish off your sandwich?” I said handing him a barely touched sandwich. Alex nod and ate in silent but time to time he would shove a bite size in my mouth. I ate it without any protest.

The sight of cars moving in front of us made him smile like a kid who just got what he wanted for Christmas. He started the car and quickly but slowly followed the car in front of use.

Indeed there was a car accident up ahead as we pass the wreck cars. It was even hard to tell what the brand of the car from the front as both cars where badly damage. Hoods were up, windows where shattered everywhere and the front was pushed all the back making both doors seems to burst open from the force or be squeeze like the rest.

“I hope the drivers are alright and passengers if they had some.” I thought as I remain to look at the cars even though we passed it. I didn’t take my eyes off it until we turn around the corner.

By the now, we were moving smoothly, traffic free and nearing the pack house. I can see the hesitation from Alex as he clenches the steering wheel like his life depends on it.

A full week without seeing him. I thought as absently rub my mark.

Alex stops the car in front of the pack house before letting a grunt. It was already ten, an hour behind from schedule. He was tired but I can see he plan to do something before his times ends.